What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wasn't scheduled to work today, but since the new position - had to go in for a few hours, which is okay with me.
Without going against our privacy (HIPAA), I'll just say one of my forever favourite gentleman made the move to a hospice center.
I can say it now.
Marvin passed peacefully at the hospice facility.
Loved that man to pieces, as well as his lovely wife, Shirley.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry, Lora.

A peaceful passing. 🌷

Lee
Lee, I have a funny memory from my talks with he and Shirley.
One day last year, I was in his room giving him his usual meds, asking him "by the way, how many children did you have?

He said 5! When it came to having kids, Shirley didn't mess around!
I told him I firmly believed he had something to do with that.
😊
I'll miss them both dearly.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's a gorgeous, sunny 82° outside.
Jules, her lovely 94 year old Mother and I are going to Defiance to eat at Bob Evans.
I'm still trying to decide what I want to eat.
After, we're going to her Mother Hildagard's house to make apple pies for her. 😊
I'll try to get pictures.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I helped my neighbour friend Janie get things in order today for a vacation to Cancun.
Told her I'd watch her apartment,not that there is a need for that, as this is a very safe and quiet area.
Her biggest thing is a fear of flying.
I think I got her settled down.
Like I'm any help.
I hate flying.
😄

Johnny West

The boy what mows my yard mowed it this morning. They are flying to Mexico tomorrow for a family get together. I think they are home schooled but never ask. Not my business.

Johnny West

I went to a Walmart in Spanaway and got a few boxes of shotguns shells. I really need to get back to reloading. After that went to WinCo and bought stuff for cinco de Mayo. I put my leftover lamb in the freezer and will make lamb tacos with it on the 5th.

Have a safe trip, LMS.

Ironman

🍺
I went to a Walmart in Spanaway and got a few boxes of shotguns shells. I really need to get back to reloading. After that went to WinCo and bought stuff for cinco de Mayo. I put my leftover lamb in the freezer and will make lamb tacos with it on the 5th.

Have a safe trip, LMS.
What’s the inventory look like for shells nowadays? I need to get a few boxes of . 357

LastManStanding

Have a safe trip, LMS.
Thanks Johnny. We saw only 4 elephants tonight, and couldn't take photos. We had booked a room in Trinco but when we reached there at 1am the lodge owner said he lost all the keys to rooms, and sent us to another hotel close-by. Got to bed at 2am. The new hotel owner said ww must leave before 9.30am. Took that because we need a few hours of sleep.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yesterday I had to deal with the overhead garage door guy. Today I had to deal with an appliance repair guy. Both light bulbs in my oven had gone out. I looked at the manual, and it looked easy enough to change the bulbs....NOT. I bought the bulbs but couldn't get the cover plates off. Fixed now :).

Johnny West

What’s the inventory look like for shells nowadays? I need to get a few boxes of . 357
This morning I went to Sportco in Fife to get two flashers for my bud in B.C. The funny thing is he couldn’t find them in B.C. And these are made in Victoria, B.C. Sportco had lots of ammo but nothing I use. They had no .357.
32998D23-17B6-458B-9905-BB054349FE44.jpeg

Ironman

🍺
This morning I went to Sportco in Fife to get two flashers for my bud in B.C. The funny thing is he couldn’t find them in B.C. And these are made in Victoria, B.C. Sportco had lots of ammo but nothing I use. They had no .357.
View attachment 49826
Good thing I have a few boxes left.

Today I paid off my mortgage early and had a quarter pounder with cheese at McDonald’s. :mrgreen:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I took my husband in for his colonoscopy this morning. Dropped him off and headed back home to start laundry. Then the phone rang a little over an hour later saying he was ready for pickup. I knew he’d be hungry so I stopped at Burger King and got him a whopper meal and me a fish sandwich 😉

Johnny West

I took my husband in for his colonoscopy this morning. Dropped him off and headed back home to start laundry. Then the phone rang a little over an hour later saying he was ready for pickup. I knew he’d be hungry so I stopped at Burger King and got him a whopper meal and me a fish sandwich 😉
We usually stop at Sheri’s for a big breakfast after that procedure.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My friend, Christine, and I experienced TWO absolutely incredible, astounding things this past weekend!

The musical "Ain't Too Proud: The Story of the Temptations" was the very BEST theater event I have ever seen! I still haven't gotten over the amazing singing, dancing and acting talent possessed by all the of the handsome men in that cast! The story and the choreography was wonderful - it was all so professional! Wish I could see it again! This was the last day of their Boston performances, and they are touring. I STRONGLY encourage any of you Baby Boomers to catch a show if they are in your area! I'm going to get Otis Williams' book now.

Then we went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, the first time for me. I was agog. Sure, the garden were lovely, but the architecture of the mansion and the sheer volume of art objects defies imagination! Thousands of original paintings, sculptures, tapestries, and STUFF over three sprawling floors. Man! Too much to take in in one visit - will have to go again. In the meantime, I will get a book or two on Isabella, her possessions and the paintings heist.

A glorious vacation including an overnight stay at ye olde Parker House hotel.

Lee

5 Aint It Proud, Temptations, May 2022.JPG

13 Isabella Gardner museum garden, May 2022.JPG

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
My friend, Christine, and I experienced TWO absolutely incredible, astounding things this past weekend!

The musical "Ain't Too Proud: The Story of the Temptations" was the very BEST theater event I have ever seen! I still haven't gotten over the amazing singing, dancing and acting talent possessed by all the of the handsome men in that cast! The story and the choreography was wonderful - it was all so professional! Wish I could see it again! This was the last day of their Boston performances, and they are touring. I STRONGLY encourage any of you Baby Boomers to catch a show if they are in your area! I'm going to get Otis Williams' book now.

Then we went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, the first time for me. I was agog. Sure, the garden were lovely, but the architecture of the mansion and the sheer volume of art objects defies imagination! Thousands of original paintings, sculptures, tapestries, and STUFF over three sprawling floors. Man! Too much to take in in one visit - will have to go again. In the meantime, I will get a book or two on Isabella, her possessions and the paintings heist.

A glorious vacation including an overnight stay at ye olde Parker House hotel.

Lee

View attachment 49831

View attachment 49832
So glad you’re having so much fun! 🥰

Johnny West

It sure does! That’s why we’re moving in a month or two to Grays Harbor County
My long time neighbor did that two years ago. Their daughter teaches in Montesano and moved there to be closer. They both retired from teaching for Puyallup so there was no reason to stay.

Ironman

🍺
That’s exactly what I craved. Love me a whopper!