What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saliha

Hehe. Seems like some of my pictures have side effects to you...

t2825.gif

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Rye bread & sandwich thins to stock the freezer.

Attachments

• Rye 052015.jpg
    Rye 052015.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Rye thins 052015.jpg
    Rye thins 052015.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 279

Saliha

Cinnamon rolls today:

bn90oupwi655.jpg

We call these in my language as "slap to the ear" - korvapuusti.

Also plaited sweet bun loaves:

mdch10gcthx4.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's been 10 days since my last bread bake, and I still have 3 thins and a few slices of rye in the freezer. But since the weather is so miserable with rain and cool temps, I decided to jump ahead and get the baking out of the way. This week it's Italian.

Attachments

• Italian 053115.jpg
    Italian 053115.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 260

cecilrush44

Ok came to the forum because I need some massive help and advice to make a cake for my girlfriend. Ok I have literally NEVER baked a single thing. Never turn an oven on. She's an unbelievable cook I'm talking big league! But I almost few bad cause she always works so hard on each meal and spends so much time. So for her birthday she'd lose her mind if I made her a red velvet cake. HAS TO BE HOMEMADE tho she doesn't like it from a box. As if I haven't already bit off more then I can chew I thought about mixing the food coloring to make turquoise velvet cake. If that's even a thing. Anyway would one of you wonderful Lady's who knows how to please message me so I can make a Beautiful Hard working Mothers birthday a special day? Thanks sorry if I threw off this conversation lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Whole wheat bread & sandwich thins. It's raining and unable to work outside, so I also made a batch of English Muffins.

Attachments

• Bread 061015.jpg
    Bread 061015.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 204

Saliha

The strawberry cake for celebrating the summer (well, its one excuse to bake a cake :whistling: ):

siqf396.jpg

Coconut sponge cake, filled by raspberry cream, strawberry jam and strawberry-peppermint syrup, decorated by banana toffee sauce, whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Leni

I have zip bags of fruit from my trees in the freezer. I took out one of Satsuma Plums and made a pie last night. I was surprised at how good it was because this bag is over two years old.

Saliha

Strawberry muffins:

vKiTRdG.jpg

8JcblGd.jpg

Yummy with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and homemade strawberry ice cream.

3ISBAf6.jpg

We have strawberry season here right now, as you can deduce. ;)

Saliha

I harvested part of my spinach at the morning.

mNlpt5F.jpg

And made a spinach pie with fresh onions, feta cheese and ham.

Bt7HlFD.jpg

Saliha

I used frozen puff pastry as the bottom to the pie casserole. Filling: cooked spinach, feta cheese, sliced fresh onions, cutted ham, handfull of fresh herbs (I used lovage, thyme, oregano), 1 cooked and mashed potato (left over from my lunch), 1 egg, 1 dl milk, 1 dl cream, pinch of white pepper. Mix all filling ingredients, pour to pie casserole, spread on top with grated cheese. Bake +225 C (+437 F) 30 minutes.

Later I was thinking that some mushrooms (like chanterelles) would also go well in this pie.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Strawberry muffins:

vKiTRdG.jpg

8JcblGd.jpg

Yummy with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and homemade strawberry ice cream.

3ISBAf6.jpg

We have strawberry season here right now, as you can deduce. ;)

Mmmm!! Strawberry ice cream!!! Looks DELISH!! So do the other deserts!! :applause: :bounce:

Saliha

The forests are full of wild bilberries and my kitchen is full of fragrance of bilberry pie.

Bilberry oat pie:

MXRrXuv.jpg

Johnny West

I think I'm the only one around here that has lovage. A little goes a long way and usually use it in my veg/beef soup.

Your harvest pie looks interesting and will have to try it.

Johnny West

I started raising that in my herb garden in Germany and brought seeds back with me. Right now my crop has taken a beating in this drought, even with watering, so will cut it back and by Fall it will be going strong again. I'll dry some for the winter.

Johnny West

I'm thinking a peach cobbler - my DIL took all the peaches the other night so will have to get some to add to the tinned. I mix half Elberta and have fresh.

Let me find my recipe and I'll post it here. I got it from Saveur.

Johnny West

Rhubarb pie:

8BYR1kN.jpg

I used shortcrust dough with this and it worked well.

That looks fantastic! I've got a lot of rhubarb and was thinking of a pie but since there is company tonight I'll make a rhubarb crisp. I'll need to get some vanilla ice-cream. I assume you make the custard from scratch?

The peach cobbler didn't get done as the day got away from me and was babysitting my Amelia.

I was wondering what a short crust dough was...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/shortcrustpastry_1278

Status
Not open for further replies.