Todays Lunch

Johnny West

I had a hard time with the phone sharing the pictures with my iPad but finally mated up.

Yesterday we had lunch at Brick 29. I had the Angus burger with a side of house made tomato soup.

BF13D698-7BB7-46A9-8EB9-985E2442E04E.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I do love stewed tomatoes but most folks don’t. We used to get it served at school and I got a lot helpings other kids wouldn’t eat.
Same here. I had that whenever they served spinach. I loved it and no one else did so I got a lot of spinach.

Johnny West

Lunch at the Treveri wine club event was pretty good with a wide variety of veg plates, cheese and salamis, fruit, cookies, roll up, and sandwiches. I had a croissant sandwich that was so good. I’ve not had real bread for so long so this was a treat. The guy pouring the buddy was pouring it like he owned it but I was driving so guess that was okay.

0C29CF86-A1EC-4790-9AB6-72DFF7BB46DA.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch at the Treveri wine club event was pretty good with a wide variety of veg plates, cheese and salamis, fruit, cookies, roll up, and sandwiches. I had a croissant sandwich that was so good. I’ve not had real bread for so long so this was a treat. The guy pouring the buddy was pouring it like he owned it but I was driving so guess that was okay.

View attachment 49908

Oh man, that looks fantastic!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I almost never have lunch. But my friend, Bonnie, who is visiting from Hawaii wanted to go for fried clams and wanted to go to the place that is most recommended, Belle Isle in Winthrop. I was delighted to see that they had fried oysters (not easy to find) and I ordered a fried oyster sandwich. Spectacular! I like them better than fried clams. Got a side order to take home for my father.

Bonnie got a fried clam dinner and she was happy with it, too

Lee

Fried oyster sandwich

Oyster sandwich.JPG

Fried clam plate

Clam plate.JPG

Johnny West

I stopped at the Donut Shop on way to gun club but neglected to get a picture. I had an Apple fritter and a large maple covered donut not unlike a maple bar. At the gun club I could only eat one burger.

F4D6FD1F-D150-404E-B7E3-D64DFDD490D8.jpeg

Johnny West

The Mediterranean diet starts the day after 4th of July. There are to many distractions, like today…. I went to Walmart and their chicken looked terrible, albeit a lot cheaper. All in all this wasn’t to bad but wouldn’t make a habit of it. Expensive, but then what isn’t now.

4953E52F-5DB6-430C-B241-F410A792A711.jpeg

Johnny West

Today we had lunch at Bennett’s Seafood Shack in Westport.
I had halibut and chips wit three oysters. Nancy ordered crab cakes
5BBCFB8A-536B-4223-8826-FC6AB6D2E633.jpeg

and a cranberry salad. The crab cakes came with a salad so
she over ordered. I could only eat one halibut fillet but finished
off the french fries. I will say they are the best french fries in the
PacNW.

21ECD3E0-584D-4096-8AE5-025C3FFB389C.jpeg
23E0736D-E086-4775-B5E1-1CAB41FF9B0A.jpeg

Johnny West

She didn’t eat the crab cakes - we each had one last night and they were excellent.
I saw an order of cod and chips and will get that next time. They had the traditional
batter, not like the halibut.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter