Rants and Raves thread

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a rant.
As some of you may or may not know, I am a fan of ASMR videos.
Folks on YouTube post these for the purpose of listening and helping people in times of anxiety for relaxation.
They can be whisper reading, page turning, sounds like rain and thunder showers, etc.

For like the last several years, there is this woman who posts new videos almost daily.
She has thousands and I do mean THOUSANDS of followers who support her monetarily.
She asks for subscribers, she's always moving, she comes across as being "needy"
She isn't needy.
She's always got a new dyed hair do, nails, showing her take out expensive food, and crying about something.

How do these people get away with this?
I cannot understand it.
Silversage brought this up when we've had people gracing our forum hoping for the same.
Money and support.
Recently she had started a GoFundMe.
I never comment on any of her videos, but good grief.
I guess some people can live off social media if they manage to get into the minds of gullible people.
/End rant.
I won't post this persons video link here without permission.
It's just got me super riled.

No link.
She goes by ASMRTheChew.
If you look , you'll see what I mean.

I just saw a bunch of videos (didn't watch any) posted of chewing sounds. Weird.

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I have a rant.
As some of you may or may not know, I am a fan of ASMR videos.
Folks on YouTube post these for the purpose of listening and helping people in times of anxiety for relaxation.
They can be whisper reading, page turning, sounds like rain and thunder showers, etc.

For like the last several years, there is this woman who posts new videos almost daily.
She has thousands and I do mean THOUSANDS of followers who support her monetarily.
She asks for subscribers, she's always moving, she comes across as being "needy"
She isn't needy.
She's always got a new dyed hair do, nails, showing her take out expensive food, and crying about something.

How do these people get away with this?
I cannot understand it.
Silversage brought this up when we've had people gracing our forum hoping for the same.
Money and support.
Recently she had started a GoFundMe.
I never comment on any of her videos, but good grief.
I guess some people can live off social media if they manage to get into the minds of gullible people.
/End rant.
I won't post this persons video link here without permission.
It's just got me super riled.
I don’t blame you one bit. Some people just what it takes to take advantage of others for their own self gratification. 🥺

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went to the beach very early this morning, to see the sand sculptures before it got too crowded and to sit on the beach for a couple of hours for a quiet read.

However, as the tide started to come in, the ass hat woman laying face-up decided to move her family about 8 feet to the left of my turquoise chair. And she rapidly spoke (Portuguese, I think) almost constantly in a very, very loud voice. Arrrrgh!

The other photo is the nothingness to the right of my chair.

Lee

Asshat 1.jpg

Ass hat 2.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I went to the beach very early this morning, to see the sand sculptures before it got too crowded and to sit on the beach for a couple of hours for a quiet read.

However, as the tide started to come in, the ass hat woman laying face-up decided to move her family about 8 feet to the left of my turquoise chair. And she rapidly spoke (Portuguese, I think) almost constantly in a very, very loud voice. Arrrrgh!

The other photo is the nothingness to the right of my chair.

Lee

View attachment 68447

View attachment 68448
People are rude. I’m sorry that happened 😔

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would hope someone went for the shut off valve and shut off the sprinkler system if possible. If not shut off water to whole building. If they got to it quick enough the damage would sure be limited.
If the sprinkler system did not have a shut off valve it would be a very poor design.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I would hope someone went for the shut off valve and shut off the sprinkler system if possible. If not shut off water to whole building. If they got to it quick enough the damage would sure be limited.
If the sprinkler system did not have a shut off valve it would be a very poor design.
They did Doc.
It was only in the section on the other side of the store, near sporting goods and clothing.
They had that entrance closed off, but the market side section was open and I did my grocery shopping there.
The trouble with some people in this community, they jump the gun and cause panic.
I had my say in the community group, no one was paying much attention to what I said, so I started my own post in the group. Lol

1000020615.png

My own post.
⬇️
1000020616.png

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your car alarm might go off repeatedly early tomorrow morning. Over and over. If you think they deserve it. If they keep it under control noise wise and you succeed watching Lord of the Rings no harm done.

LastManStanding

They have speakers set up right outside my bedroom window. The “music” - rap BS with the bass booming constantly has been going for three hours, non stop. The last time, and it wasnt as bad, went till 11 PM.
I wish there was a way of making them dance the whole night too. Like someone had sprayed a little bit of water mixed with poison ivy from far away without getting noticed. You have music, now dance a little too.