Rants and Raves thread

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Lucy ll and Peeper taking a test swim this morning.

A little jay that fell from it's nest in one of the pines.
We left it alone.
It's gone now so I assume nature took it's course.

Attachments

• 20180603_110252.jpg
    20180603_110252.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180603_134445.jpg
    20180603_134445.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 74

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucy ll and Peeper taking a test swim this morning.

A little jay that fell from it's nest in one of the pines.
We left it alone.
It's gone now so I assume nature took it's course.

Flipped it.

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1C4E24B0-C051-4F76-9369-8435EB3D374B.jpg
    1C4E24B0-C051-4F76-9369-8435EB3D374B.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 72

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jim.
Normally I resize pics and then they don't post sideways.
:bonk:

Happens to me too. I take a picture then post it. Sometimes its ok sometimes not. And sometimes it flips itself in the photo album by itself. :hammer:

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
I have the photo&pic resizer app that I found in the Google Play Store.
It resizes in seconds.
The originals are 1500 or larger.
Taking them down 40% is the best size I think.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
The trap my son has been setting for the duck loving critters.
Hehehe
So far a ground hog.
He was released.
Not sure if that nest is where little jay called home or not.

20180604_084247-614x614.jpg

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The A/C came!!! It's so cold in here. This Frigidaire A/C is great.

The true test will be on a 90F+ day. I'm happy now.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
The A/C came!!! It's so cold in here. This Frigidaire A/C is great.

The true test will be on a 90F+ day. I'm happy now.
Hurray!!!
I'm so happy for you Peeps.

It's only gonna hit the mid 70s here.
We've got the windows open with a nice breeze.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
anybody as anti-foil packet as I am?

over decades I have come up with exactly one that works as advertised - fresh corn on the cob with shrimp and andouille - I think it works because cooking time is the same for the corn&shrimp and everything else is already 'done'

did a steak chunks / red potato / red onion / green pepper / red pepper on the grill tonight. just a disaster. said grill 8-10 minutes. well, these were super tiny red potatoes cut in half - no, they did not cook in 8-10 minutes.... went 20 minutes then finished another 20 minutes in a 500'F oven. steamed steak. what a waste.

I guess people just make stuff up and put it on the internet!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have to give a rave for chewy dot com. I went to Walmart early on Friday, and they didn't have the litter that I needed. I came home, ordered it that same morning, and received it on Saturday afternoon.

I may have had some special treatment since that was my first order. They waived the shipping fee, and I thought the shipping time was fantastic.

And, Fedex pulled up in my driveway and put the boxes by my garage door instead of on my front porch.

I'll definitely try them again. I hope to get the same results. We'll see.

Embryodad

I have to give a rave for chewy dot com. I went to Walmart early on Friday, and they didn't have the litter that I needed. I came home, ordered it that same morning, and received it on Saturday afternoon.

I may have had some special treatment since that was my first order. They waived the shipping fee, and I thought the shipping time was fantastic.

And, Fedex pulled up in my driveway and put the boxes by my garage door instead of on my front porch.

I'll definitely try them again. I hope to get the same results. We'll see.
Cooksie....
We tried Chewy last year, and because of the great prices, we order everything by E-Mail. We use the Wheat Litter, and sometimes they run a bonus bag ( larger size ) for same price of the smaller bag. Order on one day, and on my porch by fed ex in one day. We love their service.

medtran49

Site Supporter
anybody as anti-foil packet as I am?

over decades I have come up with exactly one that works as advertised - fresh corn on the cob with shrimp and andouille - I think it works because cooking time is the same for the corn&shrimp and everything else is already 'done'

did a steak chunks / red potato / red onion / green pepper / red pepper on the grill tonight. just a disaster. said grill 8-10 minutes. well, these were super tiny red potatoes cut in half - no, they did not cook in 8-10 minutes.... went 20 minutes then finished another 20 minutes in a 500'F oven. steamed steak. what a waste.

I guess people just make stuff up and put it on the internet!

Nope, but I wouldn't put different things in the same packet like you did. We do foil packet potatoes on the grill especially in summer when it's so hot here and are grilling the protein anyway. I've never had them take that long to cook. Did you out any water or broth in the packet?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had a "rant" lately, and I'm overdue to post this one.

Most of my rants are about overused and misused words and expressions of speech. This is another one to add to my very long list.

"Literally".

The use of the word has become ubiquitous, often gratuitous and frequently incorrect. It's a particular favorite of millenials, but even media people (who really should know better, but don't) toss it around with abandon.

Grrrrrr!

Okay, I feel a bit better now.

Lee

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Amazon . . .

anyone notice the theory of two day delivery has been dumped?
our orders now are taking (nominally) a week aka 5 days - more if the weekend is involved.