Grillin

Johnny West

I’ll ask him later. I know we grow epazote and it went in. I’m not sure the spices but tasted a lot like red enchilada sauce.
Tomatillos, cumin, chipotle powder, coriander, chicken stock, black pepper, bacon, extra bacon grease, epazote, our home canned tomato sauce, can of tomato paste, dried pinto beans, …. I think that covers it. He called them cowboy beans and are similar to what he got in Brownsville where his wife is from.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tomatillos, cumin, chipotle powder, coriander, chicken stock, black pepper, bacon, extra bacon grease, epazote, our home canned tomato sauce, can of tomato paste, dried pinto beans, …. I think that covers it. He called them cowboy beans and are similar to what he got in Brownsville where his wife is from.

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Lee

Johnny West

Last night was brats, tonight will be wild caught sockeye from Costco since I got skunked yesterday.

IMG_0183.jpeg

Johnny West

London Broil is on the menu tonight. It’s been in the freezer for a long while but passes the smell test. I have it marinading in Worcestershire Sauce, olive oil, tamari, bourbon, garlic, salt, and fresh ground pepper. It’s a recipe I found in a Wild Turkey game cooking pamphlet they put out back in the mid 70’s which I got at my bud’s liquor store. I’ve used it for venison and antelope, as well. I’ll grill it with mesquite for smoke.

IMG_0293.jpeg

Shermie

Site Supporter
Hi, QSis!!

As of late, this summer, we've been caught up in a massive heat wave that has gripped most of the country. Ever since the beginning of this month. Now last night, I went outside to walk the dog & noticed that the temperature has seriously dropped considerably!! Guess that we are going into a cold August, but no, to answer your question, I haven't been cooking as of late. But I may get back into it soon. :whistling: