What's On The Plates Sunday 11 September - Saturday 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Time to treat myself- Shredded Beef Wet Burrito, side of Pinto's Chips and salsa.

Wet Burrito 91222.jpg

Johnny West

Yes, there were quite a lot of people there for that time and the shelves were mostly empty! The aisles looked like Swiss cheese - big empty holes.
Iโ€™m seeing that here. Andy went to WinCo today and stocked up on food items we use.

we have some tomatoes coming on we will made into sauce/juice. I may buy two more boxes of Roma.

tonight is home canned pork tenderloin in a Mexican pozole recipe.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I wasn't feeling good yesterday. I had a bowl of Campbells Chicken noodle-
Tonight I'm starved, & I feel much better. Salad with Tomato, cucumber &
Jalapeno from my garden. Fish & Fries air fried, and Asparagus- Planning
on Vanilla ice cream with a topping my Iranian friend gave me- Figs Ginger,
Brown sugar,& a Vernors.

View attachment 52646View attachment 52647
Vanilla ice cream with a topping my Iranian friend gave me- Figs Ginger.
I asked my Iranian friend, if there was a name for this- He said "No."
So it is an original from my friend Reza. Recipe Below-

desert.jpg

One orange. Peel all zest, juice the orange all in the pot. About 20-30 figs in the pot ginger 200 gram. Let it seamer 30-45 minutes grade some nutmegs over it let it cool of . than put boat motor in it mash it. it is ready to eat.๐Ÿ‘

Ironman

๐Ÿบ

View attachment 52663

One orange. Peel all zest, juice the orange all in the pot. About 20-30 figs in the pot ginger 200 gram. Let it seamer 30-45 minutes grade some nutmegs over it let it cool of . than put boat motor in it mash it. it is ready to eat.๐Ÿ‘
Wow, that sounds good! ๐Ÿ‘

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

View attachment 52663

Sounds wonderful. Fresh or dried (or either one works) figs? How much brown sugar?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pot roast is in the Instant Pot. This time I'm using a rump roast cut into smaller pieces and browned. Baby bella mushrooms, onion soup, water, and wine added to pot. The meat will be shredded after cooking. Sides will be red and yellow mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pot roast is in the Instant Pot. This time I'm using a rump roast cut into smaller pieces and browned. Baby bella mushrooms, onion soup, water, and wine added to pot. The meat will be shredded after cooking. Sides will be red and yellow mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Hey, Peep, my store has eye of round roasts on sale that they have labeled pot roast. I know you like to roast it to medium rare, but have you ever pot-roasted one? If so, how was it?

I've never had luck with it as an oven roast, so wondered if it would be a good pot roast.

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds wonderful. Fresh or dried (or either one works) figs? How much brown sugar?
Hi Peeps- I guessed Brown Sugar, but no- I also thought it had apple, but no- Here is his recipe.
One orange. Peel all zest, juice the orange all in the pot. About 20-30 figs in the pot ginger 200 gram. Let it seamer 30-45 minutes grade some nutmegs over it let it cool of . than put boat motor in it mash it. it is ready to eat.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey, Peep, my store has eye of round roasts on sale that they have labeled pot roast. I know you like to roast it to medium rare, but have you ever pot-roasted one? If so, how was it?

I've never had luck with it as an oven roast, so wondered if it would be a good pot roast.

Lee
I have never used eye round for pot roast. I love it roasted. If you try it, I'd like to see a pic and your review.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Florida friend is visiting and she has a list of foods she says are way better here than there. We went to a favorite Chinese place tonight. Crab Rangoon, chicken fingers, spring rolls, chicken chow mein, pork egg foo Yung, and sub gum fried rice. Excellent, but a ridiculous amount of food!
IMG_20220914_183628.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My Florida friend is visiting and she has a list of foods she says are way better here than there. We went to a favorite Chinese place tonight. Crab Rangoon, chicken fingers, spring rolls, chicken chow mein, pork egg foo Yung, and sub gum fried rice. Excellent, but a ridiculous amount of food!View attachment 52690
She's right. There is no good Chinese food in Florida- orpizza.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had an unsatisfying and disappointing late lunch from a diner (ate less than half). So we got ice cream from Carvel's. Cold brew coffee with chocolate sprinkles. Haven't had in quite a while, and is never disappointing.
Not sure when/what dinner will be. Probably leftovers from last night, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.