What We're Eating Sunday Father's Day June 16 - Saturday 22

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have these great ice cream containers that help with that too. And, I like the shape for scooping!
61N5OGkwq7L._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg
I have some of those! They're fantastic. Mine are orange and lime green.

Ginny

Yesterday, I made a batch of chicken enchiladas using chicken filling from the freezer. When I make the filling, I use a whole chicken and it just makes more than we can use immediately. So, use half, freeze half. Yet, there are leftover enchiladas for today too! Woo hoo! Yesterday, I made a rice cooker rice as a side. Today, I'm thinking refried beans. I'm going to look around for a Rice or Rice Cooker thread to explain the rice... :unsure:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was in my 20's the first time I had a spinach salad. Thought it was one of the BEST things I'd ever eaten!

Tonight, I made it the way I remembered it. I dressed it with Ken's Lite Ranch, but I think my first was with chunky bleu cheese dressing. Loved it then and loved it tonight!

Lee

Spinach salad.jpg

Embryodad

God love Tina. She cooked a spaghetti casserole with cheese in it. ?? ... I din't eat it .... why?? The spaghetti was broken into little 3 inch pieces. I will not eat spaghetti eaten / broken in pieces. She also made veggie soup; and that was ok / so so, but too cheezie.. I am not complaining. but is to hard for her ( and me ) ; age related. We are not 40 anymore. Especially in this heat we have been experiencing. It was a nasty 94.8 F at 3:00PM.

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Heat and humidity getting to me. Also yesterday a utility pole went on fire at 8:40am. Electric went 4 times and no internet/cable was out and phone was in an SOS mode. So phone wasn’t good. Everything got back around 8:00pm. They are still working on replacing the pole and Verizon is having a lot of issues. Glad I have AT&T and Spectrum.

Yesterday’s dinner was Popeyes which I barely ate because I felt sick from the heat.
Dinner tonight was cold rotisserie chicken, watermelon and cherries.

Ginny

I'm not sure what to make for dinner...so, I made an Italian Cream Soda to help me think about it, while Salted Carmel Ice Cream churns away....
View attachment 67717
Finally decided on Ivar's Clam Chowder (from Costco) and garlic toast. There are saltines too! In case DH should want them. Earlier today, we went to Hobby Lobby. Saw a sign that I've committed to memory: If I had to stir, it is homemade! :ROFLMAO:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Finally decided on Ivar's Clam Chowder (from Costco) and garlic toast. There are saltines too! In case DH should want them. Earlier today, we went to Hobby Lobby. Saw a sign that I've committed to memory: If I had to stir, it is homemade! :ROFLMAO:
I love Ivar’s chowder! Have you ever gone to Wally’s? BEST CLAM CHOWDER EVER