What We're Eating January 10 - 16

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Throw-Together Thursday ;
Shrimp Stir-Fry, White Rice , Surimi Salad.........

Stir-Fry , Shrimp .JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, you guys are definitely back in the kitchen saddle!

Lee
Actually, that was all me. The galette was surprisingly easy to make and carpaccio is easy obviously.

I made an oopsie when we went to the restaurant supply store. They were stocking and didn't have mascarpone out (it's MUCH cheaper there), so I asked. The guy asked me if I wanted the big 1 or the little 1. Since Craig has developed a bit of a sweet tooth I said the big 1 since there are several recipes I make using mascarpone that he likes. Well, he comes back with this huge 5 pound tub. I didn't want to ask him to go back for the smaller 1 so just took the big 1 and now I have about 4.5 pounds of mascarpone to use up.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, that was all me. The galette was surprisingly easy to make and carpaccio is easy obviously.

I made an oopsie when we went to the restaurant supply store. They were stocking and didn't have mascarpone out (it's MUCH cheaper there), so I asked. The guy asked me if I wanted the big 1 or the little 1. Since Craig has developed a bit of a sweet tooth I said the big 1 since there are several recipes I make using mascarpone that he likes. Well, he comes back with this huge 5 pound tub. I didn't want to ask him to go back for the smaller 1 so just took the big 1 and now I have about 4.5 pounds of mascarpone to use up.
Oh man! You are too nice!

Well, I'm sure you'll make some brilliant and delicious dishes with it!

Lee

Johnny West

I’ve never made a savory galette before and yours look delicious. I usually make a fruit galette for dessert.

Johnny West

They were excellent and will post a picture tomorrow.

tomorrow night is leftovers. We have a lot.
Maybe late this afternoon... the wife has been doing some laundry care of our antique dress and linen collection. She discovered a big spot on a crocheted table cloth her grandmother made. She found a place that cleans them in Woodinville, north of Seattle, so that’s where we are going this afternoon. I’m not looking forward to it due to hideous traffic.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT, how do you cook and season your red cabbage?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I bought some sliced Boar's Head London broil and some Amish butter cheese.
I'll make a nice sandwich with those and lots of mayo and lettuce.
Whether that will be lunch or dinner, I do not know.
It's going to be a long day.