What We're Eating January 10 - 16

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not sure. I didn't get my steak last night. Maybe that or chili and corn bread or ... who knows.

Ironman

🍺
Looks like it may be barbecue again.
You?
BBQ sounds good. I was going to smoke some baby backs, instead I put them in the crock pot smothered in bbq sauce and sliced onions. Some spicy beans on the side that we love! Maybe deep fried mozzarella sticks later when the Bears are loosing :mrgreen:

D6B7ADB3-58FE-47DB-A023-B5FE5BF1661F.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Jeff and I went to Outlaw Smokehouse.

Trying to eat a chunk of smoked ham with plastic utensils wasn't easy, so I took off a few slices and brought the rest home.
That's a lot of food for $10, which was today's special.
Jeff got a big brisket burrito stuffed with homemade white cheddar mac and cheese.
Next time I'm going to get a container of "burnt ends to go" ?
20210110_134127.jpg

Here is their menu.
Not everything they prepare is on it.
Inside the restaurant itself are chalkboards with extra items and prices.

FB_IMG_1610308376791.jpg

Last edited:

Ironman

🍺
Jeff and I went to Outlaw Smokehouse.

Trying to eat a chunk of smoked ham with plastic utensils wasn't easy, so I took off a few slices and brought the rest home.
That's a lot of food for $10, which was today's special.
Jeff got a big brisket burrito stuffed with homemade white cheddar mac and cheese.
Next time I'm going to get a container of "burnt ends to go" ?View attachment 40218

Here is their menu.
Not everything they prepare is on it.
Inside the restaurant itself are chalkboards with extra items and prices.

View attachment 40219
That all sounds great! But plastic forks? smh. I hate when they do that, and when the bbq kicks ass but they serve it on wax paper that ends up getting soggy ripping anyway. :yuk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
That all sounds great! But plastic forks? smh. I hate when they do that, and when the bbq kicks ass but they serve it on wax paper that ends up getting soggy ripping anyway. :yuk:
I think they always serve there with plastic utensils because it's not really that big a place inside.
Something like 4 tables and 2 small booths, but since covid just about every take out, fast serve place have gone plastic. Outlaw is basically take out and catering. ?
They serve all the meats and sides in the little brown cardboard trays.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I am drooling over your dinner photo!

Med, I've only made chicken fried steak once, with cube steak, and LOVED it! What cut of meat did you use?

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
LT, I am drooling over your dinner photo!

Med, I've only made chicken fried steak once, with cube steak, and LOVED it! What cut of meat did you use?

Lee
Cube steak. I tried soaking them in a mixture of buttermilk, egg, Worcestershire, hot sauce and S and P to see if they would be more tender (the last ones were still a bit tough even though I had pounded them out more, bought a big batch as they were on sale, maybe I know why now). Breaded them straight out of the marinade. I don't know that the buttermilk soak made much of a difference tender wise, but it did add a nice flavor.

A place we used to go for breakfast serves CFS that is so tender you can cut it with your fork. Wish I knew their secret.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
"A place we used to go for breakfast serves CFS that is so tender you can cut it with your fork. Wish I knew their secret. "

I bet they pound it ! .........flip it and pound some more............. but Cube Steak has already been tenderized........they have a machine for that , I think ...lol

I used a petite Sirloin cut the last time........

6EZN1_AS01.jpg

Like Reply

Report IP

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not sure if they have that Ah-so sauce around here, but I'm sure there may be something similar?
Looks good Lee.

If I don't make meatloaf with mushroom gravy today, I will tomorrow.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hate plastic forks too. I used the keep a real fork wrapped in a paper towel in my purse. I don't suppose you carry a purse though :mrgreen:.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
"A place we used to go for breakfast serves CFS that is so tender you can cut it with your fork. Wish I knew their secret. "

I bet they pound it ! .........flip it and pound some more............. but Cube Steak has already been tenderized........they have a machine for that , I think ...lol

I used a petite Sirloin cut the last time........

View attachment 40223
They do have a machine at the grocery/butcher. Cube steaks have always been run through that machine or they aren't cube steak. I did pound out more a batch of the sale cube steaks, as I wrote, didn't help, which is why I tried the buttermilk soak. I know some restaurants use rib eye or new York strip for CFS. I can't believe the place we used to go does though simply because of the price.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Cube steak. I tried soaking them in a mixture of buttermilk, egg, Worcestershire, hot sauce and S and P to see if they would be more tender (the last ones were still a bit tough even though I had pounded them out more, bought a big batch as they were on sale, maybe I know why now). Breaded them straight out of the marinade. I don't know that the buttermilk soak made much of a difference tender wise, but it did add a nice flavor.

A place we used to go for breakfast serves CFS that is so tender you can cut it with your fork. Wish I knew their secret.
I know it's already been pierced, but have you tried running through it with a Jaccard? I can loan you mine if you'll send it back.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I know it's already been pierced, but have you tried running through it with a Jaccard? I can loan you mine if you'll send it back.
Don't have 1, which is why I pounded with the meat mallet. Thanks for the offer though. I'd take you up on it if we were closer.

Embryodad

Had lunchmeats. Pickle pimento, liverwurst, cheese. 2 small sandwiches
Maria made corned beef and cabbage, so she ate that.
Tina was near Lancaster, PA shopping, so she brought an order of potato filling with gravy home for her supper.