What is Your Weather?

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We got up to 88 with nasty humidity. Lost power 6 times this afternoon. It is so hot I took the chickens ice water this afternoon.

Leni

We got up to 88 with nasty humidity. Lost power 6 times this afternoon. It is so hot I took the chickens ice water this afternoon.

Ouch! We will get high humidity sometimes but not very often. It is much more likely that the humidity is single digit or zero.

It got up to the mid 80's today. There were some clouds in the sky all day so it was a little on the humid side.

Sounds like it's time to get a generator. We have one just in case.

Embryodad

It made it to 84.3º today at posting at 4:00 PM ....
A little humid, but not where this Fat boy is sitting. AHhhhhh! Actually have to go outside to warm up a bit! hahahahaha

Cooling down after tonights rain.... " gimmy the CCcold any day!"

Embryodad

It made 79º today..and less humid, but not cool enough to shut down the A/C cooling.
it's 73 now..... 76% humidity

Leni

That's why God created air conditioning.

This morning started off nice enough. I dropped my daughter off at the adult care facility and went on to my community garden. Spent two hours there and pulled three baskets of weeds. A few more days like that and I will be in maintence mode.

The yellow wax beans are getting ready to flower. My Fortex green beans are flowering. The beets are sprouting sporatically. Okra is sprouting along with the cucumbers. The 14 tomato plants are doing okay. For some reason all of them at home and in the gardens are having a major problem with spider mite. It's not only my garden but every one elses. Time to forget the organic stuff and go for what really works. By the way, I have tried all of the organic solutions but rarely do they really work.

Embryodad

Not too bad today... (80 out ) but still have the cooling running.

Easier for keeping out the pollen. And the stinky poopies.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I got sick from the heat yesterday. Today they forecast 93 with high humidity and pollen. Just now taking a break from weed whacking and want to be done soon. Can't take this heat anymore.

Leni

Weird. We are just now getting our June Gloom the last few days. It is overcast and cool until the sun burns off the marine layer. Then it gets HOT. I worked in the veggie garden until 11:00. The minute the sun came out I could feel the heat. I packed up and headed for home. The air was still cool but it won't be long before we turn the A/C on.

Embryodad

Today they are saying 90º but it is actually 84.5º.

It is actually breezy and not bad in the shade. Humidity is Low = 41% RH.
A/C is on but hardly running to maintain 75º inside.

Can't keep it too cool because Tina's Uncle will freeze. 90 Years old...makes you fear the cold. He's with his Woolrich shirt on and his and ball cap. hahahahaha

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I weed whacked for my Amish neighbor this morning and took his boy over to the mill for a motor to run his baler. We got a quick spritz and then bright sun for a while. After eating lunch I had to turn the a/c back on as the house was getting too hot. We just had another spritz so I hope he got his hay baled and put away. We were at 82 but now dropped to 77 and it looks like the storms are almost here. We may get lucky and they will miss us by about 10 miles. At least the first batch.

Leni

From June Gloom it has gone to August weather. July is usually very dry but we've got 100 degrees with humidity. Good thing that it cools off at night, down around 65 or so.

Embryodad

I'm sittin here humming.....

"Ya better watch out, ya better not cry, ya better be good, I'm telling you why!
.....laa laa la la laa laa laaaa laaaaa!

OOoooo! It gives me the shivers.... love it!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We got totally dumped on with rain and thunder twice around 6 pm. They will need to be fixing roads again tomorrow.