What are you eating Sunday 9/1/2024 to Saturday 9/7/2024?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I went with the Boca burger and fries.

1000022417.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
What's special about Maldon salt? I found it in one store. Is it worth buying? $6.50 for 8 oz.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No. It's salt.

I disagree with Kathy on this one. It's irregularly-shaped crystals don't dissolve immediately but retain their crunch. So it's not just the salty flavor, but also the texture that is special. I only use it as a finishing salt on fresh tomatoes and sometimes a steak. When I ran out of my first purchase, I went looking for it again and found it at Whole Foods. I love it, but then again, I am a huge fan of salts and have several different kinds that I'm willing to pay extra for.

Lee

Johnny West

I disagree with Kathy on this one. It's irregularly-shaped crystals don't dissolve immediately but retain their crunch. So it's not just the salty flavor, but also the texture that is special. I only use it as a finishing salt on fresh tomatoes and sometimes a steak. When I ran out of my first purchase, I went looking for it again and found it at Whole Foods. I love it, but then again, I am a huge fan of salts and have several different kinds that I'm willing to pay extra for.

Lee
I like Baline, as well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today I'll be making a cheater homemade tomato basil cheese tortellini soup.
That's 2 cans of Progresso creamy tomato basil soup, refrigerated three cheese tortellini, handful of fresh chopped spinach.
I'll have cheesy bread sticks for dipping.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Smoked babybacks with that new sauce I tried: Butcher Block Rib Sauce. The cook on the ribs was perfect, but the sauce is very 5-spice powder forward, and I don't care for that flavor. Not horrible but I prefer Ah-So.

Half of a baked potato with tzatziki.

Lee

Dinner.jpg

Last edited: