What are you eating Sunday 2/26/2023 to Saturday 3/4/2023?

Ironman

🍺
Joes are deep fried russet potatoes. We thought they were using old oil. I’m not a fry cook but there were to dark and smelled strongly of grease. The onion rings were not bad but her French fries were dark and limp. I brought them home but debating on whether Im going to eat them. I was thinking of chopping them up for fried potatoes. The fish was just okay. At the top right of the picture you can just see the French fries and how dark they are.

View attachment 56481
They kinda remind me of the mojo’s at Shakey’s.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joes are deep fried russet potatoes. We thought they were using old oil. I’m not a fry cook but there were to dark and smelled strongly of grease. The onion rings were not bad but her French fries were dark and limp. I brought them home but debating on whether Im going to eat them. I was thinking of chopping them up for fried potatoes. The fish was just okay. At the top right of the picture you can just see the French fries and how dark they are.

View attachment 56481

That's a shame. Done right, I bet those jos are wonderful.

Lee

Johnny West

That's a shame. Done right, I bet those jos are wonderful.

Lee
I remember the joes being better years ago. I’d get the chicken and joes.
it’s a popular place for the working man crowd wit pull tabs, lots of beer
on tap as well as bottles and cans. It was busy When we got there and
packed when we left.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Found myself with nothing planned for dinner;
Ended up at La Choza...

Started with Salada Camarones -
Shrimp & Mango Skewers on a
bed of Field Greens.

Enchiladas Sulza -
Shredded Chicken drowned
in a Cheese Sauce.
Yellow Rice & Bean "Puree"...

La Choze Salada Camerones.JPG
La Choza Enchiladas Sulzas.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Crawfish boil soup. When we do a crawfish boil we use potatoes, onions, garlic, corn on the cob, andouille, lemons, and, of course crawfish in a spicy cooking broth. We always have some of everything left. So, I make soup using the potatoes, onion, and garlic, puree them with some chicken broth, stir in sliced andouille and the corn cut off the cob, and freeze it for later use. We freeze some crawfish separately to stir into the soup after it's reheated.
20230304_182939.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had Wendy's – 4 nuggets and a handful of fries last night for dinner.