What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been with my best friend Julie for hours trying to figure out how a scam/fake online company took a ton of money out of her bank account over the purchase of a ring for her Mother for Christmas.
The place is like Ebay, but they're definitely a scam outfit.
They have all of her details which is frightening.
Her bank told her she has a 50% chance of recovering that money.
I gave her my attorney's phone number.
😢

Johnny West

Ran errands, got my sport coat ay DXL, and made a stop at veg farm... another boring day.

Tomorrow we are driving to the coast (Long Beach) and hit the cranberry bog and oyster farm. I hope to have lunch at the Drop Anchor.

Jusa

Ran errands, got my sport coat ay DXL, and made a stop at veg farm... another boring day.

Tomorrow we are driving to the coast (Long Beach) and hit the cranberry bog and oyster farm. I hope to have lunch at the Drop Anchor.
I want to go to an oyster farm!!!!

I got the privilege of deep-cleaning the master bathroom, which involved cleaning the window blinds, walls, door, jetted tub, shower heads in the shower, vent and light covers, etc. in addition to the usual toilet, sink, and floors. It was exhausting and I can't get the smell of bleach out of my nose, LOL.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a TON of movies lined up to watch and am having a hard time deciding which ones.
I think tonight will be Celebrity Ghost Stories and a Hemingway documentary.
They're already pushing the recommended viewing Christmas programs.
Not ready for those yet! Lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've got a TON of movies lined up to watch and am having a hard time deciding which ones.
I think tonight will be Celebrity Ghost Stories and a Hemingway documentary.
They're already pushing the recommended viewing Christmas programs.
Not ready for those yet! Lol
Which service are ghost stories on?

Johnny West

This morning the drive to the coast started in heavy fog and cleared up just past Olympia. There was very little smoke after that. The coast was beautiful and with a NW wind blowing it kept the smoke well away. On the way home we never hit smoke again till Olympia, then it was bad. The smoke index this evening was 176 which is bad. We have rain predicted for Friday and that should push it back to the East and hopefully rain on the fires.

On the way back we stopped at Goose Point Oysters and got two pints of smalls and three oyster shooters. They were unloading a semi load of oysters and wondered if they raised or bought them.

Jusa

This morning the drive to the coast started in heavy fog and cleared up just past Olympia. There was very little smoke after that. The coast was beautiful and with a NW wind blowing it kept the smoke well away. On the way home we never hit smoke again till Olympia, then it was bad. The smoke index this evening was 176 which is bad. We have rain predicted for Friday and that should push it back to the East and hopefully rain on the fires.

On the way back we stopped at Goose Point Oysters and got two pints of smalls and three oyster shooters. They were unloading a semi load of oysters and wondered if they raised or bought them.
Sad for the smoke and fires, glad for the oysters. You've got me craving oysters! Smkked and grilled oysters are fabulous, BTW.

Johnny West

Sad for the smoke and fires, glad for the oysters. You've got me craving oysters! Smkked and grilled oysters are fabulous, BTW.
We have bought their smoked oysters and are a bit to salty for me. We didn’t buy any in the shell to grill since we didn’t know when we’d get to them. They actually keep a long time if kept cool.

Today the rain moved in and the smoke moved out. It’s actually snowing a bit on Snoqualmie Pass and at Whistler.

I have no idea what dinner will be. Nancy has PT at 4 and we usually eat around 5 so it looks like it’s on me.

Johnny West

The rain is most welcome and the air quality index is 30.

Nancy had a bag of Turkish figs about out of date so she is making fig jam.

Jusa

We have bought their smoked oysters and are a bit to salty for me. We didn’t buy any in the shell to grill since we didn’t know when we’d get to them. They actually keep a long time if kept cool.

Today the rain moved in and the smoke moved out. It’s actually snowing a bit on Snoqualmie Pass and at Whistler.

I have no idea what dinner will be. Nancy has PT at 4 and we usually eat around 5 so it looks like it’s on me.

I grew upon the Gulfcoast in Florida and I love oysters! I've grilled them, smoked them, baked them with a variety of toppings or just butter and parm, and I enjoy them raw too. I used to buy them by the bushel for parties and I'm a pretty good shucker. I miss that a lot. The cooking and eating part mostly, lol

We're in North Carolina tonight and will be in Myrtle Beach tomorrow, looking forward to enjoying the beach, warmer weather, and fresh seafood!

Jusa

They upgraded us to a 2 bedroom condo:
20221022_161754.jpg

20221022_161846.jpg

20221022_161912.jpg

Jusa

Wow, Jusa, that looks incredibly wonderful! Myrtle Beach is on my bucket list.

What resort are you staying at?

Lee

Grand Palms resort in Surfside Beach, which is just a couple of miles south of Myrtle Beach. It's about a mile from the actual beach but they have a shuttle to the beach (and shopping) and free passes to the state park. I drove so we won't need the shuttle. They've also got a huge pool. This time of year there aren't many guests here. The state park is awesome. We'll go to the pool today and the state park tomorrow or Tuesday. I packed enough food we won't need to grocery shop until Tuesday (just fresh seafood--I've got everything else).

You can walk the park beach for miles this time of year without seeing anyone except a few fishermen here and there. We took this at Huntington Beach State Park a few years ago.
IMG_2487.jpg

Here's the pool. I took this photo on our last visit:
Resized_20201014_162534.jpeg

It's gonna be 73 and sunny at 1. Perfect 1st day.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Grand Palms resort in Surfside Beach, which is just a couple of miles south of Myrtle Beach. It's about a mile from the actual beach but they have a shuttle to the beach (and shopping) and free passes to the state park. I drove so we won't need the shuttle. They've also got a huge pool. This time of year there aren't many guests here. The state park is awesome. We'll go to the pool today and the state park tomorrow or Tuesday. I packed enough food we won't need to grocery shop until Tuesday (just fresh seafood--I've got everything else).

You can walk the park beach for miles this time of year without seeing anyone except a few fishermen here and there. We took this at Huntington Beach State Park a few years ago.
View attachment 53592
Here's the pool. I took this photo on our last visit:
View attachment 53593

It's gonna be 73 and sunny at 1. Perfect 1st day.

Wonderful, Jusa! Here's hoping for excellent weather during your stay!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
You guys have got me craving NOLA grilled oysters now! :cautious:

I have to do some computer work today that I really don't want to do, though it will make a decent amount of money for about an hour's work.

Jusa

You guys have got me craving NOLA grilled oysters now! :cautious:

I have to do some computer work today that I really don't want to do, though it will make a decent amount of money for about an hour's work.
That place in the French Quarter? I think it's Acme? Yum!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That place in the French Quarter? I think it's Acme? Yum!
French Market is where we've had them. Had them there first, almost 22 years ago. Didn't want to stop eating them.

Acme is for raw oysters for us, especially Craig.

Jusa

French Market is where we've had them. Had them there first, almost 22 years ago. Didn't want to stop eating them.

Acme is for raw oysters for us, especially Craig.
When I lived in Destin I was about 4 hours away from NO. I went there 2x a year. I miss that great food!