What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I do like fireworks, but I'm not too big on bottle rockets. I haven't bought them in a very long time. Now I just take my beer out on my front porch and watch the neighbor's fireworks.
The official fireworks aren't until tomorrow night here at Glenwood Park by the river.
However.. I've been watching a nice display right off my patio, among the trees on the pond where the uber rich folk live on the estate.
For an hour!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The official fireworks aren't until tomorrow night
They started here on Friday with a smattering of firecrackers. You know how it goes with very young kids. They'll just bug you to death until you relent and let them shoot some. Last night some of the neighbors went all out. I do love those big cannon ball things that shoot straight up into the air and then explode into various colors. I know tonight will be the big show.

Ironman

🍺
Bought some sparklers and stuff :wink:

8805EDD4-097D-4396-802D-08B2F6C3FFDA.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been having some lower back pain for the last week or so. Never, ever have I had to deal with that. It sucks. So I've been looking at things that might help. I ordered a lumbar pillow. I don't know if it's going to help or not, but I'm going to try it.

Ironman

🍺
I just looked at the latest track/forecast. If you live on the west coast, it's not going to be pretty. I hope you have a generator. I don't have one, but every time the power goes out, I've wished that I did have one. Stay safe!
East coast?

I picked up a generator from Home Depot for a few hundred. I have large fish in my pond that need oxygenated water. Probably won’t ever be out that long, but piece of mind...

hope you feel better soon Cooksie ?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It's been pouring and windy for the last couple of hours. My power went out twice, but only for a minute or so each time. It slowed down for a bit. It's pouring and wind kicked up again. Lots of flooding and accidents. Wasn't sure I was going it be able to get home after I picked DD up from work. I went the long way home, and it worked out.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Now my cable and internet are down. Glad we switched to an unlimited data plan so I can at least go online from my phone.

Johnny West

I got up at 0445, couldn’t sleep. I did the leftover dishes, emptied the dishwasher, tidied everything up, did two loads of laundry, and organized my shooting kit for skeet shooting Saturday. I could use a nap and it’s only 9:15.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Anything OTC except for Tylenol.
It does nothing for me.
I also use rubs and creams simultaneously.
I do that for knee, back and joints. I'm also trying AleveX Max spray. It's so/so, but my cats LOVE the smell. Not sure why, but they go crazy when I spray it on my knee.

aleveX.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just ordered some of that. We'll see. I'm kind of at the point where I'll try anything.
Works great, Cooksie.
It's the main thing we use on our residents.

Edit to add:
You can find it now at Walgreen's, CVS, or Rite Aid.

Johnny West

I picked Amelia up at day camp and took the route home that goes past my old church. At one light I heard sirens. When we got a half block from the church there was an ambulance and police car at the parking lot for a beauty salon. There was a person lying on the ground, obviously old and dead. The EMT’s and police were standing around the body having a discussion. I told Amelia not to look but she did and said it was her first time seeing someone dead. Now she can see thestralls. We said a little prayer for the deceased.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It took me 3 hours to pick my DD up. We got so much rain, the roads actually had rapids in the rushing water. I had to keep turning around in the middle of floods. The manhole covers were floating away, so you had to be careful you didn't drive into the holes. When I got to where she was I had to find a way around because a power line was down and started a fire and sparking. It was an exciting couple hours.