What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
Also today, shortly after I got home from shopping and my walk along the river, I went out to the street to check my mailbox.
A delivery guy in a van was driving by and said I see smoke coming out of the roof above those apartments.
I looked at what he was talking about and saw smoke coming from that area in the apartment three down from mine.
Turns out the young girl who just recently moved into that unit burnt the hell out of a flour tortilla and never bothered to open a window or a door??

Johnny West

I took a huge bag of clothes I no longer wear or need to Value Village, three bags of pasta with gluten to church, my growler collection to a guy I know that makes wine, gassed my car, and hit WinCo for a few things. We did a bit of garage cleaning and organizing but have a long way to go.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I took a huge bag of clothes I no longer wear or need to Value Village, three bags of pasta with gluten to church, my growler collection to a guy I know that makes wine, gassed my car, and hit WinCo for a few things. We did a bit of garage cleaning and organizing but have a long way to go.

Busy day! What is a growler?

Lee

Johnny West

This afternoon we our two air cleaners to Ann and Andy. She got back from her cruise to Antarctica with covid and had to be hospitalized. She is home and test neg but not taking visitors and fine with me. After that we went to H Mart and got fixings for Chinese and Pad Thai. Then it was on to Metropolitan Market And that ate up our afternoon.

LastManStanding

I was planning to climb the Sri Pada mountain tomorrow with my brother's family but unfortunately his daughter had been admitted in the hospital for 3 days with wheeze or something. Therefore the trip was cancelled. He said he is going next month for sure, I don't know.
Anyway it's a really bad idea to climb it if you have anything related to cold because it's a strenuous task, and is very cold out there.

Johnny West

I’m doing my usual Monday chores and will make dinner this afternoon.
The pot roast is on the hob.

IMG_8109.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd been dying to see Moulin Rouge at the Boston Opera House and it did not disappoint! It was a terrific spectacle of colorful costumes, great sets, many popular songs sung by a cast with excellent vocals! Everything you'd want in a musical! Loved it!

We stayed overnight at the Parker House, and had breakfast in the magnificent dining room. The food was just average, but we got a kick out of the fact that we had the palatial room all to ourselves!

They gave us a free Boston Cream Pie, which was nice.

Lee

Moulin Rouge.jpg

IMG_20240131_094607.jpg

IMG_20240131_102234.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
I'd been dying to see Moulin Rouge at the Boston Opera House and it did not disappoint! It was a terrific spectacle of colorful costumes, great sets, many popular songs sung by a cast with excellent vocals! Everything you'd want in a musical! Loved it!

We stayed overnight at the Parker House, and had breakfast in the magnificent dining room. The food was just average, but we got a kick out of the fact that we had the palatial room all to ourselves!

They gave us a free Boston Cream Pie, which was nice.

Lee

View attachment 64388

View attachment 64389

View attachment 64390
I noticed you were missing and figured you were doing something fun 😊
That is awesome ❤️

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
I've been on pins and needles waiting for my girl to finally have her little boy.
She's one of my nurse aides.
Her name is Patience.
She lost her previous baby boy in birth, so little Westyn is a very special gift 💓
He's healthy and gorgeous and beautiful.
These are the things that truly make my heart happy.

FB_IMG_1706827538934.jpg

LastManStanding

What will you be doing to celebrate, Indike?

Lee
Nothing, actually, because the economy is really bad, so there's only the state event held at the Galleface Green. Taxes have squeezed life out of the common people. Those who do businesses can manage but others cannot. Government had to increase taxes to a level that smothers people in order to secure world bank assistance. People cannot afford food, so, no celebrations. lol.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing, actually, because the economy is really bad, so there's only the state event held at the Galleface Green. Taxes have squeezed life out of the common people. Those who do businesses can manage but others cannot. Government had to increase taxes to a level that smothers people in order to secure world bank assistance. People cannot afford food, so, no celebrations. lol.

I'm so sorry, Indike! It sounds like a horrible situation!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
Insanely, incredibly busy day here.
Had two appointments scheduled in Defiance, I always do my dental and chiropractic appointments as close to the other as possible.
Just left Dr. Lorenz's office (chiropractor) on my way back here to Napoleon, got a text from Granddaughter Elaina's school saying she's sick and needs picked up, I'm the third emergency contact aside from my son Ty and his fiancee Felicia.
Ty is in Michigan on a tow run, Felicia had her phone off and it was in her office at Ollie's Warehouse where she is the manager, so I went shooting off to the school and picked her up.
I finally got ahold of Felicia and she left work early to get home.
Then work texts: covid in the facility again.
Yay! 😩
Like an idiot I picked up tomorrow night third shift.
Ugh.

Johnny West

I had a restless night but slept well after three. I put a coffee on and later we are going to Seattle to a Scandinavian museum my wife wants to see. Friday traffic will be a bear.

On a sad note, a dear friend of mine in Oregon has been on life support and is being disconnected today. I only recently heard she was ill.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
Enjoy the outing with Nancy, John.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm heading north today to shop out of town, and may meet a friend for a bite to eat.

LastManStanding

Came to Colombo today, to help a friend with his websites, and make some money for a new phone. But feeling really tired. Planning to go back tomorrow. I'll float the idea that i could do his work from home. Besides I realized that I won't have any money left after spending living expenses in Colombo.
Phone can wait.
According to experts the air quality of Colombo is at a hazardous level today. It will last as long as the Indian smog cloud lasts. It's pushed towards Sri Lanka by the winds.

Johnny West

We went to Costco for gas and a few things. Shopped for a recliner for Matt’s but no stores on west coast had the chair Nancy wanted. We are now at Great Clips then on to Lazy Boy store. …nope, on to MAMC to doc appointment.

Last edited:

Jusa

I just made some phone calls to schedule an appointment with the dentist, an appointment with an esthetician, and looked over some work stuff for tomorrow. Otherwise not a whole lot of anything going on here.

I am getting ready to go make a big batch of homemade pasta (probably the fettuccine, maybe spaghetti, I'll decide that soon though) in my food processor. Later I am making a copycat Carrabba's dish called Chicken Bryan that DH requested, which is why I figured my lazy butt better make the fresh pasta (everything is better with fresh pasta).

LastManStanding

I got a room to sleep, but the night was a disaster. Couldn't sleep much. The fan was too much, but the heatwave made it essential. Slept at around 1 am, after spending on the internet until then, and woke up to the vehicle horns at 6. The place is near a popular school, and you can hear the busy road noise. Definitely going back today, but before that I must help the friend to get his daughter's ID card which is stuck in the process due to some reason. My brother said he will get it today, as he knows the people there. After that I'll be gone. Yes!

Jusa

I just made some phone calls to schedule an appointment with the dentist, an appointment with an esthetician, and looked over some work stuff for tomorrow. Otherwise not a whole lot of anything going on here.

I am getting ready to go make a big batch of homemade pasta (probably the fettuccine, maybe spaghetti, I'll decide that soon though) in my food processor. Later I am making a copycat Carrabba's dish called Chicken Bryan that DH requested, which is why I figured my lazy butt better make the fresh pasta (everything is better with fresh pasta).
I was too ambitious. I got the pasta made though.
20240212_205414.jpg
20240212_230700.jpg
20240212_230718.jpg