What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Trying to recover from my eventful Christmas Eve at work.
I barely slept at all when I got home yesterday morn.
Long story short, we lost one of our favourite residents (again).
A lovely African American woman by the name of Mary.
She did not go gentle into that good night.
Some just hit harder than others.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Trying to recover from my eventful Christmas Eve at work.
I barely slept at all when I got home yesterday morn.
Long story short, we lost one of our favourite residents (again).
A lovely African American woman by the name of Mary.
She did not go gentle into that good night.
Some just hit harder than others.
Mary.
This one has been tough. 💔

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Mary.
This one has been tough. 💔

Wow, what great accomplishments she achieved! I’m sorry she’s no longer here. She sounds like a lovely woman with fascinating stories ❤️
(((Hugs)))

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, what great accomplishments she achieved! I’m sorry she’s no longer here. She sounds like a lovely woman with fascinating stories ❤️
(((Hugs)))
Thank you dear.
I'm going to need another day until I'm back to my old self again.
Nobody understands what nurses go through when they lose the ones they've become attached to.
I've been down this road a million times.
She was lovely!
Absolutely the best.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you dear.
I'm going to need another day until I'm back to my old self again.
Nobody understands what nurses go through when they lose the ones they've become attached to.
I've been down this road a million times.
She was lovely!
Absolutely the best.

So very sorry, Lora.

When I was 20, I worked as a nurse's aide in a nursing home. Toughest, hottest, most exhausting job at $2/hr. My favorite resident was Delia and she looked like my grandmother. When she died, I was shattered. It was 50 years ago, and I'm still tearing up.

Don't know how you do it. Whatever you earn, it's not nearly enough.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jeff is finally on his way for PA to see Kasey!
He just left and is spending the night in Cranberry Township.
I told him to take lots of pictures.
There was a time I went with him to State College.
I kept texting Aubrey/Luvs trying to make arrangements for a meet, but she didn't answer my text until days later.
I could have met her 😔
I'm relaxing after a busy afternoon of eating, walking, then shopping.
I almost screamed when I saw the total at the cash register 🤣

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jeff is finally on his way for PA to see Kasey!
He just left and is spending the night in Cranberry Township.
I told him to take lots of pictures.
There was a time I went with him to State College.
I kept texting Aubrey/Luvs trying to make arrangements for a meet, but she didn't answer my text until days later.
I could have met her 😔
I'm relaxing after a busy afternoon of eating, walking, then shopping.
I almost screamed when I saw the total at the cash register 🤣

I would have liked to meet Aubrey, too. Did you ever talk with her on the phone? If so, what was she like?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I would have liked to meet Aubrey, too. Did you ever talk with her on the phone? If so, what was she like?

Lee
Talked with her many times on the phone,Lee.
She would call me if she felt troubled and needed medical advice.
The medical advice went in one ear and out the other.
I once told her to start eating and stop drinking.
She never took that advice.
She "talked" in her Pittsburgh accent, just like she did on here.
That wasn't textual play, she really used words/local .. that was the way she communicated.
She told me often that I had a British accent.
I don't now so much, well maybe back then I held on to the Yorkshire dialect for a while.

I've talked to Peeps over the phone quite a bit.
Good grief, now that IS an accent!
😀

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of Pittsburgh, he made it.
Lol
Screenshot_20231229-223300.png

LastManStanding

I dropped my phone and the screen shattered to a million bits. Now no mobile phone. lol Without a phone no internet either.
The worst part is that the government is increasing the prices of all telecom goods, and phone prices will go up by at least 35% from the 1st of January.
Looking for a used mobile phone now. :ROFLMAO:
I'll be able to borrow my sister's phone once in a while though, and do whatever internet stuff quickly.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I dropped my phone and the screen shattered to a million bits. Now no mobile phone. lol Without a phone no internet either.
The worst part is that the government is increasing the prices of all telecom goods, and phone prices will go up by at least 35% from the 1st of January.
I'll be able to borrow my sister's phone once in a while though, and do whatever internet stuff quickly.
I’m so sorry! I hope you can find a good used one soon!
In any case, here’s wishing you a happy, safe, healthy and prosperous 2024☺️

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Awww that stinks, Indike!

Lee

LastManStanding

And to add to that now my phone sends out calls to random numbers from the phonebook. lol. Removed the sim card. Asked about replacing the display and minor board (which I believe are a single unit) and the cost they quoted was 30000 LKR which is close to the price I bought the phone for, in 2020.
Anyway things could go worse for anyone. Just yesterday I saw a car driven in to a shop wall, right on January 1st. No one was harmed but they had been going to the temple for rituals. Maybe it would've been better off to stick with your luck rather than going for extra merit on January first. lol.

LastManStanding

Down without internet I suddenly remembered my old wifi router. Found it, and it was working! 4G router with a sim card. I plugged it to mains and it started working. Removed it and kept it aside until I reload the sim card, and later did reload and plugged it again. It wasn't working. No power. It took another day to realize that there could be a power button, and there was one which had been switched off when I was stuffing it in a cardboard box! The funny thing is that I never knew that the device had a power button until this morning. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Anyway I have internet again.

LastManStanding

My brother called a few days ago asking if I would like to join him and family in going up the Adam's Peak. I said I will try to join. Adam's Peak is a holy mountain to all 4 major religions in Sri Lanka, having some legend related to it. Buddhist pilgrims are the far bigger majority. Even the old people climb it. 6 miles at the shortest trail, it takes around 6 hours to go up. Sunrise from the top is mesmerizing, but you have to endure the cold weather.
During the season especially during weekends it's super crowded all the way up, all 6 miles. I have climbed it several times for health, not as a pilgrimage. But that's during off-season. Very rough weather, rain, cold, and in the dead of the night, it's another world during off-season, with no others around. Many tourists love that experience, not the locals.
However I am not going to climb to the top this time, I'll stop halfway and sleep :D I'm taking a small mat to sleep on, if I can find sufficient space on the narrow trail. :D

LastManStanding

Indike, I searched photos of Adam's Peak and toggled through this video.
😳 Wow, is all I can say lol

It's a nice video. The climb however is much harder than shown in it. And off-season it's dark, rainy, and colder. This video shows it in a cultural light, which is really great. About the starting point, Dalhousie is the tea estate from which the village has taken its name. Nallathanniya is the better known name.
There are several other trails, but they are less popular.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's a nice video. The climb however is much harder than shown in it. And off-season it's dark, rainy, and colder. This video shows it in a cultural light, which is really great. About the starting point, Dalhousie is the tea estate from which the village has taken its name. Nallathanniya is the better known name.
There are several other trails, but they are less popular.
Take lots of photos when you go!
😊

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
What I'm doing today, actually what I'm doing tonight.
I was asked to come in on the night shift, so yep, I'm doing it.
Which means at some point today I have to try to nap for at least a few hours.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Years ago, while I was still married to first husband Wes and my sons were small, we lived in a big beautiful house on the river.
I had our home decorated in "country" style /retro everything.
That was the thing in the 80s.
Long story short- I had at one time had a cat door stop, that actually sat at the top of the stairs on the landing beside a large potted fig tree we had.
I was browsing eBay one night last week and saw not one, but two! of those stuffed kitties.
I grabbed them up. They arrived not long ago.
😁

IMG_20240120_115602432.jpg
IMG_20240120_120647988.jpg

LastManStanding

That Korean student of mine is a talented singer. He had sent me a link to a Youtube channel that live broadcast(ed) his programme today. :) I missed it as I get the messages via a third party as I have no mobile phone. It was too late when I got the message. I don't know any Korean, but I think he is a really cool guy, and has a nice voice.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That Korean student of mine is a talented singer. He had sent me a link to a Youtube channel that live broadcast(ed) his programme today. :) I missed it as I get the messages via a third party as I have no mobile phone. It was too late when I got the message. I don't know any Korean, but I think he is a really cool guy, and has a nice voice.

What's his name? Maybe one of us can find the Youtube video and post it here.

Lee