What are you doing today?

Johnny West

Today ran the fish bag back to my friend and stopped at U.S. Chef Store for vinegar. Earlier in the morning Nancy picked berries then went to Duris Farms for large cucumbers to make lime pickles. Lime pickles come out looking and tasting like watermelon pickles - sweet. She bought two 20# boxes of tomatoes. I saw nice tomatoes at U.S.C.S. So we went back and bought a box of canners and a box of Romas and two gallons of white vinegar as there was only three on the shelf. It looks like I’ll be canning tomatoes before I go on my trip.

FB69BBBC-01B8-4055-A7F1-73D3403A6C4D.jpeg
73BAB189-57AF-4826-9EF7-7A4AA75394A4.jpeg

LastManStanding

My day is almost done. Went to get the medical certificate to renew the driver's license.
As they were filling in the forms they gave me a bottle and said to bring urine. I had already emptied myself before going there. So I bought a bottle of water and drank half of it. After 5 minutes I was set.
Anyway I got it at the end. Next is the biggest challenge. That's to go to the license office and get it. Maybe next week.

Johnny West

I ran errands and was in the neighborhood of my favorite elementary school so dropped in and visited with the secretary for a few minutes. I’m seriously considering going back to subbing now my hip is doing better. After I get back from Iowa will go to the district office and see what they say. Subs are in short supply.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I ran errands and was in the neighborhood of my favorite elementary school so dropped in and visited with the secretary for a few minutes. I’m seriously considering going back to subbing now my hip is doing better. After I get back from Iowa will go to the district office and see what they say. Subs are in short supply.
So are nurses.
Go renew your license lol
(Just kidding)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not that I'm extremely concerned about it, but whenever I log into Facebook, I get the session has timed out thing.
So I cleared my cache, changed my password then tried again.
As long as I enter the new password I'm good for the next session.
I'm thinking about just deleting the actual Facebook app altogether and keeping the messenger.
So some of you who are friends, don't be shocked lol

Johnny West

I have to pack for my trip tomorrow but am not taking much.

Nancy’s friend, Ann, is going to stay with her tomorrow but am sure she will be fine.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not that I'm extremely concerned about it, but whenever I log into Facebook, I get the session has timed out thing.
So I cleared my cache, changed my password then tried again.
As long as I enter the new password I'm good for the next session.
I'm thinking about just deleting the actual Facebook app altogether and keeping the messenger.
So some of you who are friends, don't be shocked lol
I hope I did it right.
If so I'm off that place forever.

Johnny West

I flew to Minneapolis this morning. Traffic was horrid but made it there in plenty of time. The new ways of doing tickets were mind boggling but once I figured it out it was good. I sat in the middle of two big men and was scrunched but luckily it’s only a 2°40” flight. I,was able to negotiate Mpls airport and get a rental car with no worries. Waze got me south without a hitch and had a great drive. MN and Iowa are so,green and clean. I saw no litter, no street people, and no Tent cities. I love fly over country.

I drove all over my home town, Cresco, Iowa, and after supper, did a drive in the country to old hunting spots, then ended up a childhood friend’s house and we talked for over two hours. I’d not seen him for 56 years and we talked like we never missed a year, if that makes sense.

Tomorrow I go to lunch with another friend I’d not seen since we graduated…

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I flew to Minneapolis this morning. Traffic was horrid but made it there in plenty of time. The new ways of doing tickets were mind boggling but once I figured it out it was good. I sat in the middle of two big men and was scrunched but luckily it’s only a 2°40” flight. I,was able to negotiate Mpls airport and get a rental car with no worries. Waze got me south without a hitch and had a great drive. MN and Iowa are so,green and clean. I saw no litter, no street people, and no Tent cities. I love fly over country.

I drove all over my home town, Cresco, Iowa, and after supper, did a drive in the country to old hunting spots, then ended up a childhood friend’s house and we talked for over two hours. I’d not seen him for 56 years and we talked like we never missed a year, if that makes sense.

Tomorrow I go to lunch with another friend I’d not seen since we graduated…

Sounds as if you CAN go home again! Enjoy, John!

Lee

Ironman

🍺
I'm back to work this weekend on 2nd shift, 2-10p.
It's been a long time since I've done that, but it's nice knowing I have a choice when I want to be there now.
I did take my long walks today in nice weather, then did a little grocery shopping at Chief's supermarket.
Enjoy your walks now, you know what is right around the corner for the Midwest 🥶 :yankchain:

Johnny West

Sounds as if you CAN go home again! Enjoy, John!

Lee
This morning the group of us staying in the motel had breakfast and had a gab session about everything imaginable And sure we entertained the few non class members eating. About 0930 I headed to the park lodge and stayed there 1900 - it was crazy all the conversations going on at once. I saw a lot of people I’d not seen in 40 to 56 years. It was wonderful. I’ll post a class picture when they send them out.

I still haven’t heard from airline about my flight but it isn’t till 7 PM something.

Johnny West

Evidently I missed a get together in the motel lobby last night. No one told me.

This morning was another breakfast get together as folks checked out. I had
a leftover long John and one piece of sausage. I didn’t want to load up on
biscuitsand gravy, etc. before my drive to Minneapolis.

It was pouring down rain when I left and rained almost all the way to Rochester.,
but the drive went fast. I got the car in early and tried to check my bag but can’t
do it for 3 more hours. After I clear security I’ll get something to eat, maybe.

Johnny West

Busy day here running errands to get ready for Utah trip Saturday.
Nancy fell in the yard while I was gone. Luckily she fell in wet grass
and not the rocks or raised beds. Now I have that to worry about.

A friend of mine and her husband at the reunion tested positive for
covid - just have the sniffles a bit of a cough. We hugged several times.
I thought that reunion might be a super spreader.

Johnny West

Busy day here running errands to get ready for Utah trip Saturday.
Nancy fell in the yard while I was gone. Luckily she fell in wet grass
and not the rocks or raised beds. Now I have that to worry about.

A friend of mine and her husband at the reunion tested positive for
covid - just have the sniffles a bit of a cough. We hugged several times.
I thought that reunion might be a super spreader.
She was shaken up and sore last night. Today she used her walking staff.

I ran more errands this morning and got a flu shot and tetanus as I have no clue when I got a tetanus shot last. I split some wood to keep my arms warmed up.

One more friend tested positive for covid. I had breakfast with her and carried her bag to her car so I tested myself this morning and was negative.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Grocery shopping: looked for the stuffing bread cubes Peeps mentioned.
Didn't see any at the local grocery stores, however I've been told Kroger already has them sitting out on display with the broths, etc in anticipation for Thanksgiving??? Lol

Chiropractor: wants me to start wearing my copper back brace whenever I walk or stand for long periods. Yay! It's wonderful getting old. 😂