The "Breakfast" thread

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Waffles and bacon.
20210404_084851.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Cubadillas. I didn't take a pic because I was just using up leftovers from our Cuban sandwiches we had recently to make brunch quesadillas. Wow. I think we like these better than sandwiches. You get the nice crispy crunchy pressed effect with a whole lot less bread product. I got the mayo and mustard in by combining and making a dipping sauce.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, I would kill for that bacon sandwich! I usually have them toasted with ketchup, and I've never tried HP, but I'm very willing to try it your way!!!

Lee

Johnny West

I found the small bottles tasted different but maybe it was my imagination. I go trough it pretty fast so the big bottles are a better deal for me. I have a one bottle from Canada left and refill it from the big jug.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, after seeing what some of you guys said about HP sauce, and being an intrepid condiment collector, I picked up a small bottle.

Someone on the internet said, "Once you try HP with your eggs, you'll never go back to ketchup". 'K, I'm going back to my beloved Heinz 57 tomorrow.

I will be happy to send this barely-used bottle to whomever wants it. Mark, you want to try? It's very vinegary, tamarind-y and evidently an acquired taste.

Lee

Breakfast.JPG

Johnny West

I had H.P. Sauce for the first time on our drive to Alaska in 1977 and loved it. I never had it again till we went to B.C. in 96 and have had it in my house ever since. I do like 57 and A1 but H.P. Is my fav.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
If anyone remembers Prime Choice sauce, which I have not been able to find in stores- it tasted a whole lot like HP.

download.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We got diner takeout. Poached, corned beef, fried potatoes. I ate one egg and about maybe a quarter or less of the rest.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I used the leftover cauliflower and potato mash like grits, since they kind of had that texture, added some cheese, what was left from the jalapeno popper stuffing, added some cream, heated all that up to a nice loose grits texture, then topped with egg, 2 for craig. Pretty darn good for a use up the leftovers breakfast.
2021-04-29 09.32.18.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ditto!

John, when you were on the Vineyard, did you ever go to Back Door donuts? Starting at 7 p.m., they start selling huge hot apple fritters, as well as other donuts. I was vacationing for a week with 3 girlfriends and it took the 4 of us three days to finish the stuff we got.

There is a line every night.
MV 22 Back Door donuts line.JPG

Lower left was a maple bacon donut, and that was my second favorite.

MV 23 Back Door donuts and fritters.JPG

Johnny West

Ditto!

John, when you were on the Vineyard, did you ever go to Back Door donuts? Starting at 7 p.m., they start selling huge hot apple fritters, as well as other donuts. I was vacationing for a week with 3 girlfriends and it took the 4 of us three days to finish the stuff we got.

There is a line every night.
View attachment 42369

Lower left was a maple bacon donut, and that was my second favorite.

View attachment 42370We did, l
we did the last time we were there. they were to die for....