Seen any good movies?

LastManStanding

The Grand Seduction - Prime Video
This is an oldie, but I've never seen it. It's about crusty old guys trying to save their harbor town. It's amazing the lengths they will go to :mrgreen:.

Bookmarked this one. Looks like my kind of film. From the short intro online, the theme looks similar to that of "Doc Hollywood."

LastManStanding

I'm not tech savvy at all, so I'm going to pass on that. I certainly appreciate the offer :).
No problem at all. (It's nothing very techy though)
I downloaded The Grand Seduction. I couldn't find it on Netflix.

grand seduction.jpg

Johnny West

I don’t know that it was a good movie but it was violently entertaining. We watched The Protégé with Samuel L. Jackson and Michel Keaton this afternoon and finished off the Jack Ryan series.

LastManStanding

I'm going to watch The Protégé tomorrow.
Watched The Grand Seduction, it was a kind of hybrid between Doc Hollywood and Whiskey Galore. I liked it. The doctor's and the girl's characters were lukewarm though. It was the villagers that make that film fun to watch.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I forget what channel I saw them on, but I'll find it later.
Jerry Lewis movies.
I love him, always have- he kills me with his sense of humour.
Oi-eeeeyaa, foshem!!! 🤣
I recently watched The Family Jewels and found his son Gary Lewis and the Playboys made a cameo appearance in it.
Woot!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I watched the most recent version of Dune last night. I hadn't realized that it only covered half of the first book. I was real disappointed when it ended mid-story! I enjoyed the movie, but waiting a year and a half for part 2 is not what I expected. I would have waited and watched them back-to-back if I had known.

LastManStanding

Watched "The Outfit." Enjoyed the story.
A little bit like the Eastern Promises, although I would rate the latter higher.
Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice but it's missing something. The story is not very convincing, I mean, it raises a lot of "it's not accurate."

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I watched Rosamunde Pilcher's Family Secret last night.
I love Charles Dance.. sigh...
Also found some other things he's starred in, but he's remembered best I think from Game of Thrones.

LastManStanding

I agree. I thought it Would be more like Apocalypto but I was wrong. The story wasn't convincing either. They market the film as an epic but it's more like a collection of bloody sequences lined up for the gallery.
My wife bought the Northmen which we watched last night. It was a horrible movie and don’t recommend it… it was like a bloody, bizarre, Viking soap opera.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saw "Elvis" in the theater this rainy day - LOVED it!

Austin Butler will be nominated for Best Actor, I'm sure. He was magnificent. Tom Hanks is always a pleasure to watch.

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Prime Video has the 1975 version of “Trilogy of Terror”. I haven't seen it since it originally aired. The last story with that stinking little doll scared the hell out of me. Going to watch it. Hope it's as good as I remember.