Seen any good movies?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
I have a couple of Jeffrey Dahmer documentaries saved to watch.
I'll wait to watch them during the day.
I'd NEVER sleep tonight. 😳😬😱

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Prime Video has the 1975 version of β€œTrilogy of Terror”. I haven't seen it since it originally aired. The last story with that stinking little doll scared the hell out of me. Going to watch it. Hope it's as good as I remember.
Is that the one with Karen Black ??
I can picture that last scene ... her and the knife...

Johnny West

We watched The Outfit was an okay movie.

we generally watch series productions and are alternating with several; the new game of thrones thing which I don’t care for, Gotham, Shetland, and a Finnish crime show which has sub titles. I miss Salhia.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a couple of Jeffrey Dahmer documentaries saved to watch.
I'll wait to watch them during the day.
I'd NEVER sleep tonight. 😳😬😱

We watched the 10-episode series. The first 6 or so were scarier than most horror movies I've seen. Obviously a terribly troubled and immensely sad person. And his poor father!

Lee

Johnny West

This week we watched the new Dune which bored me to death, all the Harry Potter movies, all the Fantastic Beasts movies to include the new Crimes Of Dumbledore twice. We are now watching the Pennyworth series.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
😁
16693288230553204092480061345966.jpg

LastManStanding

I have so far missed a lot of movies because of my guide course.
Young Sheldon - whole season, James May our man in Italy, and a few other shows I never miss. On the positive side, I'll have a lot to watch when I've finished this thing at last.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night we watched Banshees of Inisherin and loved it. It stars Colin Ferrel, Brendan Gleason, Kerry Condon, and Barry Keoghan. I believe it was on HBO.

My guy and I watched it last night, on your recommendation. Excellent acting, VERY dark comedy, and it broke my heart. Weird movie. Need Cliff notes, LOL!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was pleasantly surprised by Top Gun: Maverick. The 2022 release. I was bored looking for something to watch and I started it not expecting to watch it all. It held my interest all the way through. Enjoyable.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was pleasantly surprised by Top Gun: Maverick. The 2022 release. I was bored looking for something to watch and I started it not expecting to watch it all. It held my interest all the way through. Enjoyable.

Agree!

Lee

Reactions: Doc

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
I've got on demand waiting to watch 'Nobody's Fool' tonight. The one with Paul Newman and Jessica Tandy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Watched Glass Onion. Enjoyed it. No complicated stories that requires you to write down the twists so you will understand what's going on. Simple and enjoyable. Its structure is very similar to that of The Hateful Eight.

We really liked Glass Onion, too, LastMan! So much so that we watched Knives Out last night - also entertaining. I hope they do more in that series.

Right now, I've got "Everything Everywhere All at Once" on, to see what all the hype is about. Not a fan of "science fiction action fantasy", so I'm doing other things while the movie is running. It'll probably sweep the Oscars tonight.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
Right now, I've got "Everything Everywhere All at Once" on, to see what all the hype is about. Not a fan of "science fiction action fantasy", so I'm doing other things while the movie is running. It'll probably sweep the Oscars tonight.

Lee
I was in tears when the actor won for his role in that film.
Also, wow, Angela Bassett's face when Jamie Lee Curtis won instead of her. Good grief πŸ™„πŸ€£

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Same. Not a fan of sci fi action either. I liked the old action movies but so many now days are to much action not much of a plot. boring.

So I couldn't sleep the other night and watched an old flick that I was curious about inn 1969 but not old enough to be allowed in the theater. Midnight Cowboy.
I was not prepared for what I saw. kept thinking it had to get better. Was going to turn it off but was watching it cause I could not sleep. So I watched. it got worse not better. A downer movie. Accurate portrayal I'd guess but so depressing. And I have to think there are folks living a similar life today.
when it was over I had to watch a dumb comedy to get my mind off it before falling asleep at 245 or so.

LastManStanding

Action movies are increasingly becoming boring. For example Point Break of 1991 had an interesting story together with action. But the 2015 Point Break is just a collection of action scenes. Whoever took decision on that movie might have thought that action movies need not have much of a story.

Ironman

🍺
So I couldn't sleep the other night and watched an old flick that I was curious about inn 1969 but not old enough to be allowed in the theater. Midnight Cowboy.
Guess what I found on prime? That’s a weird movie, man. πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚
I kinda liked it πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ