Seen any good movies?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
I found some of the old 1970s movies of the week that were aired on CBS.
Two that I have saved are ones with both Eve Plumb and Linda Blair portraying troubled teenaged girls.

I watched both of these last night.
It's strange how my reactions were very different from when I first saw them in my teens.
I preferred the one with Eve Plumb.

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Totally Killer - 2023, R, 1h 46m
Was better than I thought it would be.

The Boogeyman (Stephen King story) - 2023, PG-13, 1h 38m
I jumped a few times.

Both were good.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I watched the limited series (8 episodes) of The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. It really didn't follow the Edgar Allan Poe story closely, but it was WONDERFUL! Most of Poe's most famous short stories were represented in the series, which I got a huge kick out of, since I've been an avid Poe fan from childhood (my father read the stories to us, LOL!). The acting was excellent, too - Bruce Greenwood (who is all over the place on TV) played Usher, and Mary McConnell played his twin sister.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight it's either going to be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - which I've seen a million times, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp, which I've never seen.
πŸ€”

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight it's either going to be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - which I've seen a million times, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp, which I've never seen.
πŸ€”
Pass on Depp. His version stinks. IMHO
The one original is much better. Gene Wilder is the best.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Not really. Seems that most everything are rehashing's of old movies. Technically, you're going to see repeats of what all has been out before!! A waste of money in MY book!!!! :mad:

LastManStanding

Watched "Los buenos modales" and thought it was alright. I mean it's rather a drama than a comedy, although introduced as a comedy. It definitely needs a better flow to the story, and a better ending.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation ...again. Always good for a laugh. :D

Also been watching Boston Legal on Hulu. I missed the series when it originally aired in 2005 or so. Some funny cutting edge stuff. Denny Crane. LMBO

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation ...again. Always good for a laugh. :D

Also been watching Boston Legal on Hulu. I missed the series when it originally aired in 2005 or so. Some funny cutting edge stuff. Denny Crane. LMBO

Boston Legal was brilliant! William Shatner is always great, as is James Spader.

Lee

LastManStanding

Watching "Race for Glory: Audi vs. Lancia" and I am sure that the film makers have got the idea from The Grand Tour episodes that discussed it several years ago. I still think the way it was presented in Grand Tour was much more interesting than what's in the film. I am not being biased to the Clarkson trio, but honestly in my fair evaluation I feel that the film is not even 10% as interesting as the Grand Tour episode.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen β˜•πŸ‚πŸƒ
Gold Site Supporter
I was going to watch the Golden Globes, but decided meh...
I've been binge watching old Seinfeld classics.
Obviously πŸ€£πŸ˜„

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There are several movies with the title "The Outfit". I just watched this one and it was excellent! Might be one of the few that I watch again, to catch stuff I missed the first time around!

Lee

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I watched this one the other day.

Self Reliance made in 2023. On Hulu

This was recommended to me by a friend. I guess we have different tastes. It was entertaining to a point but I cannot recommend this one to anyone. Concept is interesting. A guy is picked to play in a contest if he agrees to try it. He has to survive 30 days and he wins 1 million payoff. But there will be people trying to kill him. His job is to survive. And the killers cannot attack him as long as he is in the company of someone else. And it takes off from there. It has funny moments but it would only give two stars.

LastManStanding

I watched this one the other day.

Self Reliance made in 2023. On Hulu

This was recommended to me by a friend. I guess we have different tastes. It was entertaining to a point but I cannot recommend this one to anyone. Concept is interesting. A guy is picked to play in a contest if he agrees to try it. He has to survive 30 days and he wins 1 million payoff. But there will be people trying to kill him. His job is to survive. And the killers cannot attack him as long as he is in the company of someone else. And it takes off from there. It has funny moments but it would only give two stars.
It was on my computer for more than a week now, and started watching just a few minutes ago.