Seen any good movies?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sass, you might like Whatever Love Means too. It's mainly about Camilla Parker Bowles' relationship with Charles. She got around, if you know what I mean :brows:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Charlie Wilson's War- Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts
Pretty good so far

"In the early 1980s, Charlie Wilson is a womanizing US congressional representative from Texas who seemed to be in the minor leagues, except for the fact that he is a member of two major foreign policy and covert-ops committees. However, prodded by his major conservative supporter, Houston Socialite Joanne Herring, Wilson learns about the plight the people are suffering in the brutal Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. With the help of the maverick CIA agent, Gustav "Gust" Avrakotos, Wilson dedicates his canny political efforts to supply the Afghan mujahideen with the weapons and support to defeat the Soviet Union. However, Charlie Wilson eventually learns that while military victory can be had, there are other consequences and prices to that fight that are ignored to everyone's sorrow."

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Not surprised by most of it.
I know the Queen has a hard heart, but it was surprising to me that Charles would just stand by and let that happen to his son, his daughter-in-law, and his grand child. I think Harry has a lot of Diana in him...:thumbup:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I know the Queen has a hard heart, but it was surprising to me that Charles would just stand by and let that happen to his son, his daughter-in-law, and his grand child. I think Harry has a lot of Diana in him...:thumbup:.
Everything for The Crown! Lol

I agree about Harry.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, if you get the chance watch the Gordon Lightfoot and Creedence Clearwater Revival documentaries on tubi.
I'm not a real big fan of CCR, but it was good.
The one on Gordon Lightfoot was superb.
It starts out in an interview with him fairly recently (like 2 years ago, man has he aged)- he talks about all his music, how he writes lyrics, his personal life etc.
I enjoyed it so much I may watch it again.

20210312_193626.jpg
20210312_193649.jpg

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm about halfway through the Gordon Lightfoot documentary and loving it. He was a great song writer and many artists copied him. I didn't realize that.
Thanks, Sass!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday tubi added a lot of good movies.
Unfortunately "Rock Star" with Jennifer Aniston and Mark Wahlberg wasn't one of them.?
I got about 20 minutes in and had to stop.
It was THAT bad.
Lol

Johnny West

We rewatched Full Monty The other night. There was a day I would have been all in on that caper.

Right now we are watching all the Brit murder shows on Acorn, Britbox, etc. Monday will be the final installment of Bloodlands and highly recommend it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This!
It's from 2009, I'd never seen it before.
The performances were AMAZING!
Crosby, Stills and Nash..wow!
Stevie Wonder and Sting paired up, u2 with Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith.
When Simon and Garfunkel sang The Boxer I was literally in tears.
Only got through half of it.
I'll watch the rest later.
20210407_073118.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yay! Enjoy!
So far it's really good.
Stevie Wonder is a genius. He's great on his own, but he can play backup for just about anybody. I really liked him with Smokey Robinson and absolutely loved him with BB King and Sting. Still have some to watch.

Simon and Garfunkel....bridge over troubled water :thumbup:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So far it's really good.
Stevie Wonder is a genius. He's great on his own, but he can play backup for just about anybody. I really liked him with Smokey Robinson and absolutely loved him with BB King and Sting. Still have some to watch.

Simon and Garfunkel....bridge over troubled water :thumbup:
BB King blew me away!
They all did.
Great film, one that I would watch all over again.

This is my current list.
There are so many to choose from it's unreal.

20210407_175347.jpg
20210407_175404.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll check it out. You seem to be able to dig up things that I really like :thumbup:.
I'm betting you'll enjoy it.
Also check out "I Saw The Light", if you haven't.
Story of Hank Williams from his rise to fame until his death at 29.
That's in the drama/music category.

20210408_152118.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm watching Tin Cup again. If you even like golf just a little bit, you will love this.
Kevin Costner, Rene Russo

Some golfers are all about safe shots....not so for Kevin Costner in this movie. He believes in letting the big dog eat :mrgreen:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I browsed the new suggested list of movies for me, based on ones I've viewed prior - on tubi.
I believe this one came up because of recent music documentaries I'd viewed.
It has a great soundtrack, but I found the movie to be entertaining and disturbing at the same time.
It's the movie Boogie Nights, with Burt Reynolds, Mark Wahlberg and Julianne Moore in the leading roles.
It's set in the 70s during the disco era, and deals with the adult film industry.
I never thought I'd hear those actors say such things. ?
After getting about 20 minutes in to the movie, it dawned on me that it was a mockumentary. It was meant to be making fun of that industry.
It's one that you get a lot of shock from because of the sex, violence and drugs, but there were also quite a few funny moments.
My takeaway was the good soundtrack.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My friend and I started to watch the 10-episode series "Them" on Prime Video last night, because Stephen King said it scared him.

We watched the first two episodes; scared us, too! It's excellent!

Lee