Peep's Odds and Ends

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My food processor died. So I got this replacement.

Oster® Total Prep 10-Cup Food Processor with Dough Blade

untitled.png

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice score, Peep! I have the same brand, but a MUCH older model, lol!

Lee

Embryodad

Looks sturdy and neat peeps. Maria got one from her friend, and used only 2 times.
It was free, but she got rid of it because SHE said it was a pain to clean. Not the model you show, but another brand. Part of it goes in the dishwasher, but the main heater elements are on the base of the machine, and has to be wiped by hand ( carefully ).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks sturdy and neat peeps. Maria got one from her friend, and used only 2 times.
It was free, but she got rid of it because SHE said it was a pain to clean. Not the model you show, but another brand. Part of it goes in the dishwasher, but the main heater elements are on the base of the machine, and has to be wiped by hand ( carefully ).

I really love my Instant Pot. I have been on the fence about an uni-task AF. So when I saw this multi function AF from Instant brand I thought it looked interesting. I am really interested in the functions to Dehydrate and the option to Rotate for rotisserie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My DD got me these for my birthday.

Oxo Good Grips Egg poachers

oxo_egg_poachers.jpg

Prep Solutions by Progressive Brown Sugar Keeper with Air-Tight Lid, 1.5 Quarts

brown_sugar_keeper.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought some stainless steel cake pans. And a few other things I will post as I use them.

cake_pans.jpg

Attachments

• cake_pans.jpg
    cake_pans.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 31

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought a set of small casserole dishes and will be using them soon to make individual Sheppard's pie, chicken pot pies, baked ziti, lasagna etc.

individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg

Attachments

• individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg
    individual_oval_baking_dish_cropped_092220.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 25

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought a set of small casserole dishes and will be using them soon to make individual Sheppard's pie, chicken pot pies, baked ziti, lasagna etc.

View attachment 38582
Side note. Individual dishes will make life easier due to the fact that not everyone likes the same ingredients. So omitting/adding before cooking will work great.
I think individually composed salads will be wonderful. And make a nice presentation picture when the dish is placed on a plate to serve.

Embryodad

We have those in brown, with little ears at the ends.
You are right peeps. Great for fussy people; starting with DD in this household..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I bought myself one of these. If it doesn't work for long it only cost just under $7.00. Not a big loss.

I'm thinking of trying it out soon on mini lemon meringue tarts.

turbo_blue_torch.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got a few things on Prime Day:

Cotton Christmas napkins and tablecloth

christmas-cloth-napkins.jpg

christmas-cloth-tablecloth.jpg

A jar, bottle and can tab opener set. (My fingers/hands are needing some help lately)

jar--bottle-can-tab-opener.jpg

And they finally got 8" Aluminum cake pans back in stock. (the 9 1/2" are a little to big)

8in_aluminum-cake-pans.jpg

I also got myself a leather wallet. The zipper on my old one died after 30+ years!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hope you don't mind me posting this on here. I was looking for the kitchen tips thread but couldn't find it.

I eat a lot of Granny Smith apples...sometimes plain, sometimes with peanut butter, and sometimes with peanut butter and a little swirl of Nutella.
Here's my old one and the new one. I think the old one lost its edge :corny:. It was very hard to use. I had to get on my tiptoes to push hard enough for it to cut through the apple :(.
I'm so looking forward to the new one.

Edit to add: If anyone can show me where the kitchen tips thread is, I have something to say about my Keurig. It doesn't fit here.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I ordered a few things I needed/wanted from Amazon yesterday. I'll post as they arrive.