New here

Jusa

Hello everyone!

I am a home cook transplanted from Florida to Ohio nearly 25 years ago. I don't miss the Florida heat, lol, though I am not fond of Ohio winters. I still have a particular fondness for seafood and love to cook meals focused on fish, shrimp, etc. especially, though my husband and I eat land animals as well.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome, Jusa!

You fit right in here very nicely!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Akron, which is about 40 minutes south of Cleveland (in the NE part of the state) for anyone not familiar with Ohio.
I'm in Napoleon in Henry county.
I lived in Defiance for many years, as well as Delphos in Van Wert county.
My eldest son and his first wife lived in Akron (Firestone Park) for many years.
Yes, I do know Akron.

Jusa

I'm in Napoleon in Henry county.
I lived in Defiance for many years, as well as Delphos in Van Wert county.
My eldest son and his first wife lived in Akron (Firestone Park) for many years.
Yes, I do know Akron.
I am not familiar with Napoleon, I will give it a Google. Also don't know Defiance or Delphos. Firestone Park is about 5 miles from me, I am just south of the city in a township.

The comment about "anyone not familiar with Ohio" was a generalized statement to the group :D

Ohio is a beautiful place overall!

Edited to add: Just Googled Napoleon and Defiance, geeze whiz but you are clear over on the other side of the state about 3 hours or more from me, which explains why I didn't know where you are! I have driven over to Toledo a few times, though via I-80. It's a bit flatter landscape there than it is here, but still quite lovely.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am not familiar with Napoleon, I will give it a Google. Also don't know Defiance or Delphos. Firestone Park is about 5 miles from me, I am just south of the city in a township.

The comment about "anyone not familiar with Ohio" was a generalized statement to the group :D

Ohio is a beautiful place overall!

Edited to add: Just Googled Napoleon and Defiance, geeze whiz but you are clear over on the other side of the state about 3 hours or more from me, which explains why I didn't know where you are! I have driven over to Toledo a few times, though via I-80. It's a bit flatter landscape there than it is here, but still quite lovely.
I love the Toledo area.
Lots of wonderful restaurants in and around Maumee.
I do love Perrysburg too.
Then of course, there is the zoo.
Yes, Ohio is by and large a beautiful state.

Jusa

I love the Toledo area.
Lots of wonderful restaurants in and around Maumee.
I do love Perrysburg too.
Then of course, there is the zoo.
Yes, Ohio is by and large a beautiful state.
I like Toledo sooooo much better than Cleveland, LOL! Cleveland has a nice zoo and downtown area, but some of the residential neighborhoods are not so great :(. Fortunately I don't have to go there too often.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like Toledo sooooo much better than Cleveland, LOL! Cleveland has a nice zoo and downtown area, but some of the residential neighborhoods are not so great :(. Fortunately I don't have to go there too often.
I like The Arcade and of course the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Near The Arcade is an Irish Pub, good food there!

Jusa

I have stayed at the Hyatt (at the Arcade) several times when we attended music performances at the House of Blues. That's just a cool old building, as are a lot of old buildings in that area. Yes, we have eaten at the Irish Pub there. That was all well before the pandemic, however. Good times.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just saw this - where did you grow up in Florida? Medtran and I both live in Florida, but on opposite sides of the state.

Jusa

I just saw this - where did you grow up in Florida? Medtran and I both live in Florida, but on opposite sides of the state.
Hi, I know medtran from another cooking forum so yeah, I knew she and Craig live there.

I'm from Destin! I lived there pretty much my whole life until I met my husband 25 years ago.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Jusa!! I look forward to getting to know you & seeing some of your recipes & suggestions!!! :whistling: