My brother…

Johnny West

is hanging on but wants to go. I talked to him a bit but he was worn out and wanted to sleep. In a few days he may go home for hospice care.

One of my nephews from Arizona is here, as well. After we left hospital we went to a popular bbq place for dinner.

image000000.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, this has to be so difficult for you and your family. Sending you positive and peaceful energies.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So tough to go through. Thank goodness for family so that you can help support each other.
Prayers and good thoughts for all.

Shermie

Site Supporter
is hanging on but wants to go. I talked to him a bit but he was worn out and wanted to sleep. In a few days he may go home for hospice care.

One of my nephews from Arizona is here, as well. After we left hospital we went to a popular bbq place for dinner.

View attachment 59541
Johnny West, my heart goes out to you, but I hope that in some way, that your brouther won't have to get hospice care!! As you know, it's the last place..............no, I won't talk about that, but I hope that he gets well. :eek: :cry::(

Johnny West

Johnny West, my heart goes out to you, but I hope that in some way, that your brouther won't have to get hospice care!! As you know, it's the last place..............no, I won't talk about that, but I hope that he gets well. :eek: :cry::(
I appreciate it Shermie. They had a palative care meeting today and it will be at home but more discussion will be needed in next few days.

Johnny West

Thank you all for prayers and well wishes. It is greatly appreciated. There is so much going on and it is overwhelming. He is so great full we are here. I’m having a hard time expressing myself.

Johnny West

Matt left at 0’dark thirty and has to go to wok this afternoon in Utah. John and Pete leave this morning, as well.

Yesterday liver doctor and palative team agreed that Mike can go home for hospice. I’ll leave Monday and he will go home Monday. After an aggressive treatment of antibiotics his infection seemed to be treated so he is strong enough to go home. It’s what he wants and ready to die.

I used to to be a nursing home and home care nurse and have seen a lot of death but when it’s your family member it sure is heart breaking.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, it sounds as if your brother is more comfortable now, physically and mentally. There's that, at least.

So sorry.

Lee

Johnny West

John, it sounds as if your brother is more comfortable now, physically and mentally. There's that, at least.

So sorry.

Lee
He is and not happy about not being able to go home today.
Hospice is being difficult to organize and it is Saturday. Jim,
my brother’s husband, is a recently retired social worker and
knows the folks who will do it. In another life he was a mortician
and has that covered, as well.

Johnny West

What I sent my boys…The liver doctor was in to see Mickey and told Jim Mickey’s white cells are up so there is still an infection going on. Jim talked Mickey into continuing the IV antibiotics till Monday’s discharge then he can discontinue the IV and take oral antibiotic but more than likely oral will not help. The doctor thinks he won’t last more than a few days at home. Jim is working on getting home hospice in place and hopefully it will all come together Monday. Tomorrow he gets last rights.

Thank you all for listening to me.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
What I sent my boys…The liver doctor was in to see Mickey and told Jim Mickey’s white cells are up so there is still an infection going on. Jim talked Mickey into continuing the IV antibiotics till Monday’s discharge then he can discontinue the IV and take oral antibiotic but more than likely oral will not help. The doctor thinks he won’t last more than a few days at home. Jim is working on getting home hospice in place and hopefully it will all come together Monday. Tomorrow he gets last rights.

Thank you all for listening to me.
😔

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
John my heart is with you.
Losing a family member is heartbreaking.
At least he will be free of pain until the end.
It all sounds so cliche, but it's true.
Stay strong and cling to the memories you two shared throughout the years.
People depart from this earth, their spirit and love never does.
He will always be with you.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very well said Sass. :agree:
So sorry Johnny

Johnny West

Thank you so much, Lora.

Johnny West

My wife wrote this to her Facebook page - Facebook deleted his pictures.

Posted a year ago by my lovely, kind, and always thoughtful brother-in-law, Michael, who has just entered hospice care for non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis. He has a way of making the best of his life no matter whether he was dealt a treasure or a loss. Profoundly deaf since infancy, he graduated from college and perused a career in nursing in a variety of settings. He loved old things and it has been said he “channeled” his 4 or 5 maiden grand aunties on occasion. Nothing delighted him more than perusing an antique shop for treasures. He was most fond of finding, holding, and sharing family treasures and histories of the Burrowes’ and Safranek‘s. His parents, John O. and Jean, and an older brother, Dennis, died several years ago. His first love Tim also died. His current love, husband, and protector, Jim, has helped Mike make the most of the days they were together and in support of each other. It will be very hard to remember I don’t have to bake/cook some family favorite for Mike the next time he visits or anticipate another family treasure in the mail from him. But I’ll cook for him anyway in remembrance, when the time comes.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My wife wrote this to her Facebook page - Facebook deleted his pictures.

Posted a year ago by my lovely, kind, and always thoughtful brother-in-law, Michael, who has just entered hospice care for non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis. He has a way of making the best of his life no matter whether he was dealt a treasure or a loss. Profoundly deaf since infancy, he graduated from college and perused a career in nursing in a variety of settings. He loved old things and it has been said he “channeled” his 4 or 5 maiden grand aunties on occasion. Nothing delighted him more than perusing an antique shop for treasures. He was most fond of finding, holding, and sharing family treasures and histories of the Burrowes’ and Safranek‘s. His parents, John O. and Jean, and an older brother, Dennis, died several years ago. His first love Tim also died. His current love, husband, and protector, Jim, has helped Mike make the most of the days they were together and in support of each other. It will be very hard to remember I don’t have to bake/cook some family favorite for Mike the next time he visits or anticipate another family treasure in the mail from him. But I’ll cook for him anyway in remembrance, when the time comes.
Lovely, John and Nancy.

Lee