Jazzing up your holiday Leftovers?

Shermie

Site Supporter
What do you plan to do with your holiday leftovers? You can make some pretty tasty dishes with what you have left from Thanksgiving, Christmas& New Years! Take for instance the leftover roast turkey. You can do some marvelous things with it. like make turkey pot pie, salad or even soup. You're the master of skills in your kitchen!! Let's see what you can come up with!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::whistling::whistling:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What do you plan to do with your holiday leftovers? You can make some pretty tasty dishes with what you have left from Thanksgiving, Christmas& New Years! Take for instance the leftover roast turkey. You can do some marvelous things with it. like make turkey pot pie, salad or even soup. You're the master of skills in your kitchen!! Let's see what you can come up with!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::whistling::whistling:

And turkey, stuffing, cranberry and mayo sandwiches!

Lee

Johnny West

We won’t have any but plan to get a turkey next week and take our time fixing a meal without being rushed.

I have three favorites with leftover turkey - hot turkey sandwiches, cold turkey with mayonnaise and white bread, and chopped turkey and gravy on mashed potatoes. Now I’m hungry.

Shermie

Site Supporter
We won’t have any but plan to get a turkey next week and take our time fixing a meal without being rushed.

I have three favorites with leftover turkey - hot turkey sandwiches, cold turkey with mayonnaise and white bread, and chopped turkey and gravy on mashed potatoes. Now I’m hungry.
Yeah, for everything to come out right, you must take your time with it in order to do it right, If you rush through it, then something is bound to be messed up & out of line!! :eek:

Johnny West

They made a prime rib and cooked it well done, dead, dead, dead, and might as well have made a pot roast…. They did the same with a turkey. I took no pictures of dinner except for my pie. We were sent home with leftovers and will make meat spread and turkey salad sandwiches. We were gracious guests.
I will say Nancy’s cranberry salad and home canned cranberry sauce were a hit.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They made a prime rib and cooked it well done, dead, dead, dead, and might as well have made a pot roast…. They did the same with a turkey. I took no pictures of dinner except for my pie. We were sent home with leftovers and will make meat spread and turkey salad sandwiches. We were gracious guests.
I will say Nancy’s cranberry salad and home canned cranberry sauce were a hit.

Okay, I know you like your beef moo'ing, but prime rib, even well done, is pretty delicious.

I haven't ordered prime rib when out to dinner in decades, but I used to struggle with whether to order a medium-rare center slice or an end piece. The well-done end pieces have been spectacular.

Lee

Johnny West

Okay, I know you like your beef moo'ing, but prime rib, even well done, is pretty delicious.

I haven't ordered prime rib when out to dinner in decades, but I used to struggle with whether to order a medium-rare center slice or an end piece. The well-done end pieces have been spectacular.

Lee
This was dried out and didn’t have much taste. I have some leftovers and will take a picture.

Jusa

This was dried out and didn’t have much taste. I have some leftovers and will take a picture.
I would try making a small amount of sauce with heavy cream, a little soy, garlic, and whatever other seasonings you like and folding in your favorite cheese (white cheddar or provolone maybe?), then slicing the meat thin and folding into the sauce only to warm--let it steep a bit with the heat turned off so that the steak absorbs the moisture. I like to sautee a mix of peppers (hot and red/orange bell), onions, and mushrooms to add and then putting all of that on a sandwich (toasted brioche bun works really great). We did this with leftover prime rib this past week. I used leftover mixture on a bun with runny eggs for hubby's breakfasts, he loves that too.

A side note: if you have a Fresh Thyme grocery store or Meijer grocer in your area, they've been throwing sales on Black Angus prime rib roasts for $7.99 lb. I bought a 3 rib roast and made it for the two of us and repurposed the rest. the ribs went into the crockpot for a starter of red sauce that will have ground chuck and Italian sausage in it as well (with some of hubby's red wine and lots of garlic, mushrooms, onions...)

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We got a bone-in prime rib for $5.99 a pound at Publix last week for Christmas. It was big enough that I cut off an over 1-1/2 inch thick steak that will make a meal for both of us with bakers and a vege of some kind. Both pieces got well wrapped and frozen. I'll pull the big piece out Wednesday afternoon and let it defrost in fridge until friday afternoon, then salt to dry brine and let it sit for rest of time. We'll cook it Craig's way in oven, which gives pieces a little more cooked at ends and med rare to rare in center depending on size.

Leftovers will probably be another meal leftover from Christmas, then pot pie and maybe open faced sandwiches with mashies and gravy, or a play on beef burgundy where the veges get cooked together to develop flavor and then the cooked meat added to just warm.