Issue or questions about NEW Xenforo Forum Software

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great! I like removing the spam. I really hate that stuff.
I think you'll be a great addition to the board patrol.
I'll tone the catty down, but sometimes I just can't help myself :mrgreen:.

You seem to be easy-going. I like that too :thumbup:.
Cooksie you are fast. Mark has been helping me with a permissions issue and some behind the scenes XF stuff. I just promoted him yesterday and announced it to the other Mods ..and today I was going to make the announcement here ...but you picked up on the 'staff' label and I got busy on the tractor forum ...so you beat me. LOL

Things will stay the same as far as moderating. Be as catty as you like. No problem here. We have a great group here ...I can't remember the last time we had to mod anyone here, other than to ban spammers and remove their trash.

Please welcome Mark aka Ironman to our team. He has helped me before and now he'll be an official Super Moderator aka staff member.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's not showing up anywhere.
Medtran I do not see that post. I just posted in staff area asking if someone else had approved it. I also checked all your permissions and thought you were fixed so none of your posts would go to the 'need approval' area. Please feel free to try to post in seriously speaking forum again and if it turns out to be a double post we will fix it for you. My apologies for it needing approval. i thought we had all those permissions fixed.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I tried to post again and was able to go in and post, but when i tried to look back at it, got an oops error message.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I tried to post again and was able to go in and post, but when i tried to look back at it, got an oops error message.
I see a new 'Best Wishes' thread. Can you please copy the error message page with a screen saver? If on Windows the smipping tool will let you save it. If on a mobile device just snap an image of the page. I'm not seeing anything in the logs to lead me as to how to help what you are seeing.

note: I have a dr appointment in Cols today so I will be on the road much of the day. I will try to get back to you early evening on this.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I can't figure out hiw to get a screen shot, but the above is the message I git.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I can't figure out hiw to get a screen shot, but the above is the message I git.

That gets me what I need. I do not understand how you could post in the Seriously Speaking forum and then get this message though. I'm confused like you are but will do my best to get to the bottom of it. ....If you were trying to view something else when you got this error please tell me what you were trying to view. Thanks.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tell me for sure what you were trying to view. What did you click on just before the error message? Can you reproduce the error? Does it do it every time you click on it (it should).
I've looked high and low and cannot find a reason for how you generated that error. But these permissions are very persnickity. Way down in the trenches I have something wrong but so far I am not finding it. Not your fault . I apologize for the issue and will get to the bottom of it but it might take a bit of time. Thanks for understanding.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
It happens every time I try to look at my best wishes posts. Doesn't matter whether I look at it first or after looking at other posts.

Of the 5 subforums in the off topic forum, the back porch is in yellow and i can look at posts in it. the others are a greyed out/very light blue color and I get the same oops message if I try to look at posts in them.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It happens every time I try to look at my best wishes posts. Doesn't matter whether I look at it first or after looking at other posts.

Of the 5 subforums in the off topic forum, the back porch is in yellow and i can look at posts in it. the others are a greyed out/very light blue color and I get the same oops message if I try to look at posts in them.
I modified permissions. Please let me know if it made any difference for you. Thx

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, but no.
Thanks .... Please try again now. I made another change. I can only change one item at a time so we might be doing this a few times but I will get you there I promise.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm having trouble with pictures. I take them with my phone or tablet, then when I try to post them here, somethimes they say they're too big. I'm not sure what to do about it. Lately, they've all said that, so I haven't posted anything.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm having trouble with pictures. I take them with my phone or tablet, then when I try to post them here, somethimes they say they're too big. I'm not sure what to do about it. Lately, they've all said that, so I haven't posted anything.
I resize my pictures (that I take with my phone or digital camera) down to 650 pixels using Paint. Windows has a basic version of Paint that you can use. I use Paint Shop Pro. Right-click your picture and choose Edit. Resize from there and Save As.

paint-resoze.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT told me the same thing that SilverSage said, which is why he is not posting his dinner pictures in the dinner thread. Can something be done to avoid members from having to resize their photos?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sage, I use my Android 90% of the time.
After I take a picture it goes in my gallery.
I have an app called Photo & Picture Resizer that's free in Google Play.
I tap on the picture tool and normally resize to 75%.
It's very easy.
Good luck. ?20201116_180615.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm having trouble with pictures. I take them with my phone or tablet, then when I try to post them here, sometimes they say they're too big. I'm not sure what to do about it. Lately, they've all said that, so I haven't posted anything.
I apologize. We are having that issue across the board on all my XF forums. Looking for alternatives but so far I am using a free iphone app called image size. I would think it or something similar is also available for android. It's an extra step but with these phones creating giant pictures 3000mb they are so much bigger than any of my forums can support. VB did a better job at resizing. I hope to find a better solution but for now resizing is the only game in town.
For PC I use Irfanview ...it's also free and so easy to resize with. Hope this helps.

Moon

Administrator
Gold Site Supporter
I just did a test an now I’m confused. I can post this huge image off my I phone. See screen shot showing the size of image. It’s huge. I posted it as thumbnail with no issue. 44A2BF63-6647-4ABA-876D-F0E4EEF37BEB.jpeg647663B3-718B-47F0-BD73-B48FE06271C2.jpeg647663B3-718B-47F0-BD73-B48FE06271C2.jpeg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
FYI ...moon is one of my backup accounts. I used it on my phone cause my doc pword is to long and I did not recall it.

But I posted huge images by posting as a thumbnail. It worked. enlarge the screen shot and you'll see it was a 3000 x 4000 pixel pic. huge. But attaching as thumb worked. Maybe that is how we can do larger images without having to resize them. Try that please and let me know your results.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I did that one full size. I had zoomed in on the pic so it's blurry but the pic is huge resolution and it posted. I'm trying to recreate the issue so I see it but it's working for me. So there is hope I can fix this.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I did that one full size. I had zoomed in on the pic so it's blurry but the pic is huge resolution and it posted. I'm trying to recreate the issue so I see it but it's working for me. So there is hope I can fix this.
How do you attach a thumbnail?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How do you attach a thumbnail?
Any image I attach it gives an option to select thumb or actual size. Thumb = thumbnail. It's in the upper left corner of the image I select. It shows up in a little image before I hit post reply.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Any image I attach it gives an option to select thumb or actual size. Thumb = thumbnail. It's in the upper left corner of the image I select. It shows up in a little image before I hit post reply.
I don't see that (thumb option) when I use the insert picture icon. I choose the "(Or click here)" option instead of the "Drop Image" option.

drop-pic.JPG