Issue or questions about NEW Xenforo Forum Software

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
All my options on the top bar are greyed out!! I can't choose anything now!!

Attachments

• greyed out.JPG
    greyed out.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 0

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ok I figured it out. I had to click the "Toggle BB code" icon and the options are accessible now.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps it's my fault. I set up so many groups, and we are are in a different combination of groups. I modify one to fix things and it breaks things for others. Trial and error. I will get you fixed but it will take me a bit. Please post in the issues thread when you can see things like the rest who have posted so far.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For the VB software I had it set to show who had been on in the last 60 mins. In XF I think it defaults to 10 or 15 mins. Which to you guys prefer? To show active in the last 60 mins or last 10 mins?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. Glad you found it Peeps. And evidently I have a different view as admin vs what you see. Makes it tricky to explain some stuff.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am fiddling around and finding things. I'll post snips on how/where to find things.

The "Preview" option doesn't seem to work.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Awesome. Glad you found it Peeps. And evidently I have a different view as admin vs what you see. Makes it tricky to explain some stuff.
Just use the Snipping tool or screenshots to explain. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Changes happen. Everyone will have to get used to it. With a little help from Doc, I'm pretty certain that the forum will be easy to deal with. Let's all wait & see how things will work out.:)

Reactions: Doc

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Doc is there an option to Sticky a thread? I hope so because I can't always remember the name of threads or find them.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, there is a sticky thread option. Same as with our old software. Myself or a mod can stick any thread.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Feel free to post here about something you could do with the old VB software and you cannot find that capability here. I probably will not know the answer right off but will search to find the counterpart here if there is one. Overall this software should have more capabilities than the old but as we've all noticed it sure is different.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Once you have viewed a thread the next time you view it it will automatically go to first unread post. For now, all are unread in this new software so to get to end of thread and look back to first unread post just click the date of last post over at the far right.

Albums did not automatically migrate. It will cost me a few hundred more to get them. Is it worth that? I wondered if anyone would even miss them (I don't use them much and didn't think many others did ...tell me if I'm wrong).
My vote is no, not worth the cost. Keep that $ for future expenses, or once you're happy with the way things are running, go buy something nice for yourself.

• Love

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie. That's sweet.

I had an issue on here with post times. It was way off. I could not find what we had come to know as our user control panel ie: User CP. I looked and looked to no avail. Finally I notice the image by my user name. I click that and there is it. Clicked preferences and most of the same options we had with VB are there. Whew. Here is a pic of that pop up:

Attachments

• XFcontrolPanel1.JPG
    XFcontrolPanel1.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 3

Shermie

Site Supporter
Several other forums have this same software, and they are running very good!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Several other forums have this same software, and they are running very good!!
Yep, they sure do Shermie. I avoid the cutting edge cause I've been cut a lot with new IT stuff. One an admin forum I belong to all the old VB3 forum owners have or are switching to XF. VB has went downhill since bought out by a corporates raider. So the two primary creators of VB 3 created XF after they were out of the VB contract terms. So this XF is the new improved VB 3. Yes it's different since copyright laws did not allow them to simply copy what they created with VB ...so yes, it's different but it's also better and it's SUPPORTED. That means when issues come up I have help to solve them plus they are currently writing add ons and updates to the current software. None of which was happening with VB 3.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Gee whiz Doc.
All subscribed thread replies are finally going directly to my email inbox and not the spam folder.
For the first time ever. ?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Can we create polls? If so how? Like for the "Triple Play" forum and such.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
What is a Spoiler?
All I know about spoilers is when you post about a book or movie. If you don't want give away the ending or whatever, you put it in a spoiler for those who haven't read the end of the book or watched the end of the movie. Then people have the choice of reading the spoiler or not.