How do you like the temp & doneness of your steaks & burgers?

Shermie

Site Supporter
degrees-of-steak-doneness-01-scaled.jpg

Thid display good enough? :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Of course, to help you be more accurate, you'd need a meat thermometer. :whistling:
Meat thermometer..jpg

Ironman

🍺
Medium rare. But next time I’m gonna try rare. Sous vide method is what I like. 128 F for 3 hours.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Medium usually
I've had it pinker before.
One thing I don't like is blood flowing out into my plate.

Sass Muffin, I don't like that either. If I see that, then I won't eat it either! Not for all the tea in China!!!! :bolt:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I don’t mind blood but have been told it’s not blood but myoglobin. i love it.

I didn’t grill a t-bone last night but did tonight. It tasted good but was cut thin, my fire hot, so it came out mostly well done. My bad.
About the only steak that I'll eat is filet meon!! :whistling:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I very. med rare for prime rib
med for sirloin or rib eye
No red for burgers. 160 in center.

How do you rare meat eaters like your burgers?

Johnny West

I very. med rare for prime rib
med for sirloin or rib eye
No red for burgers. 160 in center.

How do you rare meat eaters like your burgers?
Burgers I like med rare but seldom get them.

I just saw an article about Canada outlawing rare burgers.
Ill see if I can find it again.

Johnny West

More on that later…. 😁
We have friends with a time share in Whistler, B.C. They invite us, every year, for a week with them and we eat out every night at different restaurants. Since this covid debacle we haven’t gone but are scheduled to this summer. Any way, I always wanted to eat at Hy’s Steakhouse ever since we’ve been going there and last trip talked them into it. Hy’s reminded me of the old fashioned Brit Men’s Club, very posh. We were first in the door, seated, received our menus, and Ann asked the waiter if she could get a burger. He looked at her incredulously, as did I. Ann doesn’t like steak but usually orders the fish off the menu. The waiter went back to the kitchen and asked the chef and he said no. The waiter told her about a made to order burger spot close by and we went there the next night. I wasn’t impressed. I’d love to go back to Hy’s but don’t see that happening.

When I’ve had them over for steak night I take a fillet mignon, butterfly it, and grill it well done.

Rant off…

• Haha
Reactions: Doc

Shermie

Site Supporter
When I’ve had them over for steak night I take a fillet mignon, butterfly it, and grill it well done.

Johnny West, that is how mine is cooked at this restaurant in Albany, New York. I eat the starch (in this case, it's mashed) as well, but I don't eat the veggies because they are way too overcooked like soft mush!! :bolt:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just cooked a cheeseburger for supper. When I bit into it, I found out that it was still raw in the middle!! I then popped it into the microwave for a few seconds & it was medium well. I should not have cooked it frozen!! Next time, I'll thaw it out completely before cooking it. Lesson learned!! :bolt:

Johnny West

Just cooked a cheeseburger for supper. When I bit into it, I found out that it was still raw in the middle!! I then popped it into the microwave for a few seconds & it was medium well. I should not have cooked it frozen!! Next time, I'll thaw it out completely before cooking it. Lesson learned!! :bolt:
It would have been perfect for me.