Big Dipper

Johnny West

If you do Instagram or Facebook check out The Big Dipper at their site or dishingparkcity. They asked Matt to do a commercial for them. I think the commercial is at his professercookie site, too.

He is doing his own bakery goods like the place (Oak Bluffs) on Martha’s Vineyard and gets sold out quickly.

Last edited:

Johnny West

Drama here this morning. The cook for today called in this morning and quit. They ending up closing for the day and will go to 5 days a week next week. He cost his fellow employees a days pay. Matt said he’s done it before and yet he keeps hiring him back.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Drama here this morning. The cook for today called in this morning and quit. They ending up closing for the day and will go to 5 days a week next week. He cost his fellow employees a days pay. Matt said he’s done it before and yet he keeps hiring him back.

That stinks. Crappy, unprofessional, narcisstic behavior.

Lee

Johnny West

That stinks. Crappy, unprofessional, narcisstic behavior.

Lee
Lee, I was wrong. They were open yesterday but were short handed. The head bartender wasn’t there either as his wife is due any minute. It was pouring snow most of the day and he needed to be close. Next week they go to being open 5 days a week as the ski season is winding down anyway.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, I was wrong. They were open yesterday but were short handed. The head bartender wasn’t there either as his wife is due any minute. It was pouring snow most of the day and he needed to be close. Next week they go to being open 5 days a week as the ski season is winding down anyway.

Oh. In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Danna, "Nevermind!".

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
John, I just browsed it on Facebook.
Matt is adorable giving the reviews!
😊
Also, I followed the link to the online website , very fascinating history with the place.

Johnny West

He is a performance artist. He did well in plays in junior high but football and wrestling took over in high school. He tried stand up comedy but never found a gimmick and to many F words doesn’t make it.

Did you see the review he read for the Big Dipper in the Dells? He read it and then passed it onto them.

Johnny West

He has pictures from old days and a tribute to the original owner on the wall. He named a sandwich after her, as well.

Johnny West

Yes!
He mentioned walleye.
😊
This one time I drove from WA to Chicago for him to meet up with his first wife. We stopped in Winona, where I went to college, and he was consummated. We had walleye appetizers, and I believe that was the last time I had walleye. I miss it.

He used to cooking demos for ladies on MV. The last one he did was at 350 Main. A boy with cancer wanted to do a cooking show as a Make a Wish. Matt set up his restaurant for a show and he and the boy cooked together…. I cried like a baby.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This one time I drove from WA to Chicago for him to meet up with his first wife. We stopped in Winona, where I went to coriesollege, and he was consummated. We had walleye appetizers, and I believe that was the last time I had walleye. I miss it.

He used to cooking demos for ladies on MV. The last one he did was at 350 Main. A boy with cancer wanted to do a cooking show as a Make a Wish. Matt set up his restaurant for a show and he and the boy cooked together…. I cried like a baby.

That is one of the best stories I've heard in a very long time - he's a son to be proud of, for sure! I wish I could see that show!

Lee