Afib

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The PA was parroting recommendations from a resident. She to call her primary care NP Monday and try to get through to her cardiologist. So basically they did nothing.

we drove home in a pouring mix of rain and snow and got home at 2130…. 9 hours shot.

Unbelievable! So sorry, John!

Stuff always seem to happen on a weekend.

Lee

Johnny West

Yesterday she had an appointment with her primary care NP and she didn’t have a clue as to what to do with her and said she needed to see her cardiologist. I think she called their office but not sure if they got back to her.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does she have a smart watch? They have a heart watch app which keeps track of beats per min and irregularities. Can be an aid to diagnoses and when to get to ER. Good luck.
note: You load the app on your phone. The watch sends the data to your phone. Pretty slick really.

Johnny West

Does she have a smart watch? They have a heart watch app which keeps track of beats per min and irregularities. Can be an aid to diagnoses and when to get to ER. Good luck.
note: You load the app on your phone. The watch sends the data to your phone. Pretty slick really.
She does. It’s what told her she was in Afib and gives her reports.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Perfect. I think these are invaluable for all of us older folks. The watch and heart watch pgm are new to me. Saw my dr last week and mentioned that I see occasional spikes where heart rate goes up and right back down but I don't feel anything from it. I thought the watch was skipping a beat and misreading. Dr said not likely. It's me. And I should be checked by my cardiologist in case it's AFIB or something else. I go next Friday to meet with cardiologist. Fun fun.

Johnny West

Tomorrow Nancy has her cardioversion then we leave on this short trip to NH.
I‘m not happy about it but its what she wants to do. There is a guy in Keene
I went to high school with and may try to look him up.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have a good trip. All this time for some reason I thought you were out west. Good luck finding your old friend. Hope Nancy does well.

Johnny West

Doc, we live not far from Tacoma, WA. My sister in law lives in Peterborough, NH and is not doing well. We haven’t seen her in 20 years so wife decided to go. We will fly to Boston, have a rental SUV, and will drive to NH. it will be a short 5 day trip.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh. Best wishes with SIL. I misinterpited short to mean distance more than time.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Years ago my SIL was having bouts with atrial fibrillation.
Her doctor never even thought of prescribing a medication or doing anything of the kind.
Turns out she was bottomed out with her magnesium levels.
He put her on Slow-Mag.
That's been over 20 years ago and she's not had an episode since.