Afib

Johnny West

Nancy went into Afib last night at 9:03. This morning she called her cardiologist office and the women there gave her the runaround and said she couldn’t be seen till October! I ended up taking her MAMC and after 6 hours they, and her, decided she should be admitted to make sure there is no blood clot and then she will be cardioverted in the morning. The blood clot thing scares the shit out of me and she looked worried.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing that I know of. She’s on elequis. They will be back with discharge orders later. She’s sleeping off Benadryl.
Good, I was hoping she was already on Digoxin or something since I thought you told me this had happened to her before like a year or two ago.
I hope she's on a beta blocker too.
I've had a few experiences of having my heart jump the rhythm and it's not fun.
Mine was from having MVP since I was in my 20s.
That is from when I was 6 years old and had rheumatic fever. It damaged my heart valve, but the proper meds take care of everything.

Johnny West

Good, I was hoping she was already on Digoxin or something since I thought you told me this had happened to her before like a year or two ago.
I hope she's on a beta blocker too.
I've had a few experiences of having my heart jump the rhythm and it's not fun.
Mine was from having MVP since I was in my 20s.
That is from when I was 6 years old and had rheumatic fever. It damaged my heart valve, but the proper meds take care of everything.
She had an ablation three years ago, one short episode of Afib last year and nothing till now.

Johnny West

We are in Park City at Big Dipper waiting for parade later. Matt and Heather are prepping food. Thousands will be here for parade.

Guess who forgot her smart watch and didn’t take her meds?

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
We are in Park City at Big Dipper waiting for parade later. Matt and Heather are prepping food. Thousands will be here for parade.

Guess who forgot her smart watch and didn’t take her meds?
You'd better find a pharmacy open and try to get an emergency script.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is it time for an ER or quick care? I don't know much about AFIB but from what I've heard 3 days with it would not be good. Doctors are horrible to get them to call back here also.

Johnny West

We’ve been in ER almost 5 hours and she still hasn’t been seen.

I went back out to car. There are to many sick kids coughing. They are seeing the acute illness people fairly quickly but trauma ER must be backed up not to see her yet.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We’ve been in ER almost 5 hours and she still hasn’t been seen.

I went back out to car. There are to many sick kids coughing. They are seeing the acute illness people fairly quickly but trauma ER must be backed up not to see her yet.

Horrible!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So sad.
I've had better luck with Quick care places. They have Dr's and faster service than that. What a horrible place to have to wait. I feel for you and your poor wife. Nightmare. .

Johnny West

So sad.
I've had better luck with Quick care places. They have Dr's and faster service than that. What a horrible place to have to wait. I feel for you and your poor wife. Nightmare. .
Quick care is not really the place for this. She just got an IV and is waiting to hear about a plan of treatment. The last time she was cardioverted.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Quick care is not really the place for this. She just got an IV and is waiting to hear about a plan of treatment. The last time she was cardioverted.
Oh. I don't even know what cardioverted is but best wishes for your wife. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.