What are you eating Sunday 1/22/2023 to Saturday 1/28/2023?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
LOVE! I've never seen beef marrow bones split lengthwise! Wow!

Lee
You have to get them from a place that has actual butchers and tools of the trade or a place that specializes in odd cuts, which is what we did with these.

If you get crosswise cuts, wrap the bottoms on foil do all the martow doesn't slide out.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You have to get them from a place that has actual butchers and tools of the trade or a place that specializes in odd cuts, which is what we did with these.

Did you have to ask the butcher to cut them or do they have them already prepared?

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Did you have to ask the butcher to cut them or do they have them already prepared?

Lee
We got them from the odd and unusual meats place. They were already cut and packaged.

We have gotten cross cut marrow bones/stock bones at the 2 Asian markets we visit. They both have band saws to cut bones as they get large primal cuts and then break them down. I've never been able to ask for length cut because there is a huge language barrier at both places. They cut the bones for stock use, which is crosswise, but not for just the marrow, which I don't think is an Asian dish.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was – Burger, American cheese, fried onions, pickles, and ketchup, on a cracked wheat roll. Arby's seasoned fries on the side.

bruger_012323_IMG_0608.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We got them from the odd and unusual meats place. They were already cut and packaged.

We have gotten cross cut marrow bones/stock bones at the 2 Asian markets we visit. They both have band saws to cut bones as they get large primal cuts and then break them down. I've never been able to ask for length cut because there is a huge language barrier at both places. They cut the bones for stock use, which is crosswise, but not for just the marrow, which I don't think is an Asian dish.
Excellent tip about checking Asian supermarkets for marrow bones! Agree about the language barrier - so frustrating that there is no one to ask for help!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

Amish Market has them ...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a little 2 lb. spoon roast (beef) on sale. Did a reverse sear (250 oven until 110 degrees, then 500 oven to 130) - turned out perfect! Tender and tasty!

Roasted butternut squash, carrots and onions. Cherry tomatoes.

Lee

Roast.jpg

Roast sliced.jpg

Roast sliced 2.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pasta Night !
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce...
Ground Beef, Red Onion and 1/2 tsp.
Ghost Pepper Sauce...
Sure am glad I didn't go any heavier...
Added a just amount of heat, but I
couldn't detect any change in
actual flavor..
Oh, and I used the Green Can lightly as well, lol !

Spaghetti -Meat Sauce 1-25-23.JPG