Let’s see your garden pics!

Ironman

🍺
Onions, carrots, bell peppers, and more. We have been blessed with a good amount of rain so far.
39C8B776-47FE-432F-BA84-9A69EF195CC0.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is the part of my garden that's on my patio. It's early and it doesn't look like much now, but later it will be beautiful. I have more plants along a chainlink fence and will take another photo when those grow a bit.

I grow 5 slicing tomatoes, 1 cherry tomato, French Breakfast radishes which I plant around the tomatoes and peppers, 2 ichiban eggplants, 1 Bella Rosa eggplant, 2 jalapenos, a pot of celery, a pot of yellow wax beans, a pot of snap peas (not doing well), five window boxes of flowers, three large pots of different flowers (one large pot is all sunflowers), and your basic herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, dill, cilantro, basil, mint and, if I can find it this year, marjoram which I prefer to oregano.) And some hanging flowering plants, too. And a lemon tree that I grew from an organic lemon seed. And chives, everywhere!

I have to grow almost everything in pots, since I live on a ledge and only have about 1/2" of topsoil.

Lee

2022 patio garden.JPG

Johnny West

What a pretty garden! Is this on your property, John? Didn't you have a plot in some community garden?

Lee
Yes, this is our yard. A few years ago we had plots in a community garden and it was more work than what we got out of it. Some contractor came in, took over, and a lot of folks left. What I miss is the CSA but it had it’s issues, too. They quit and found regular jobs but still have their filbert orchard.

Johnny West

these are some of her tomatoes she started from seed this winter. These are Italian canning tomatoes and hope we get enough to can. When she put these in this new raised bed several weeks ago they were only about 3” high and they grew like crazy. She put up this new support thing to keep them from toppling. The wire cages don’t work well in raised beds from our experience.

2C7FC676-A0D1-43AD-BE42-A7ECE1F18E19.jpeg

Johnny West

Today…

I stacked more pear wood to the right of my wood this morning.
I’ll split more before it gets to hot.

View attachment 51213View attachment 51214
The tomatoes have grown, have blossoms but no tomatoes yet. The tomatoes beside the house have produces lots of plum tomatoes as well as a few heirlooms. There is lots of time - ours produce into the Fall But never enough to can.

The pear wood is basically all split and started on the plum wood.

FC74F98D-74AE-4EC1-B5F9-77A9F6F09DD8.jpeg

1B3D9AE3-07C4-4337-BA90-1753351486A2.jpeg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Getting old- Pretty hard for me to work in the garden.
No Cannabis this year, Plenty left from the las two years/
1- Heirloom tomato, 1 early girl Like Mark said- Way better
than the grocery stores. 1-cucumber, and a whole lot of peppers.
I just transplanted a couple Carolina Reapers. (Wow they are hot).

Carolina reaper.jpg
Harvest 81722.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, luckily I had a hard cranberry lemonade on ice with me. 😂
I almost went into panic mode.

Bread, Mark. It's the best thing to put in your mouth after a hot pepper.

Did it have any flavor, or don't you know?

Lee