Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Greek leg of lamb
Colcannon
Asparagus
and a lemon butter cake. Sinful….
Colcannon, yum.

I'm actually just going to make chicken a la king over toasted English muffins, and green beans.
That's my Peeps inspired dinner.
And the a la King is Swanson.
There it was, sitting right next to the canned corned beef hash at the store.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken a la canned, anyone?
I liked it!
It tasted really good.
The can said to add shredded cheddar if serving over English muffins.
It had suggestions for serving over both rice and noodles.
Nope.
Good just like it is.
Creamy and delish.

20220424_150121.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Yesterday, there was fresh corn at the grocery. I did it the way my father always cooked it - soak the ears in water for an hour or 2, then put them on the grill, husks and all, turning every 10 minutes. When the husks are nice and charred on all sides, about 30 minutes, they're done. Added some smoked sausage to the grill along side the corn, and dinner was wonderful. We ate outside on the patio. No dishes - no pots and pans - no pictures..

Johnny West

Yesterday, there was fresh corn at the grocery. I did it the way my father always cooked it - soak the ears in water for an hour or 2, then put them on the grill, husks and all, turning every 10 minutes. When the husks are nice and charred on all sides, about 30 minutes, they're done. Added some smoked sausage to the grill along side the corn, and dinner was wonderful. We ate outside on the patio. No dishes - no pots and pans - no pictures..
I hear you. I spent the whole morning cleaning kitchen, making the quiche, and cleaning the kitchen. The next time we host our friends I will grill outside, eat outside, and use paper plates.… unless it’s raining.

My hunting, fishing, and shooting bud and his wife will be coming to dinner soon and I will be making a cassoulet. I never learn…

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hear you. I spent the whole morning cleaning kitchen, making the quiche, and cleaning the kitchen. The next time we host our friends I will grill outside, eat outside, and use paper plates.… unless it’s raining.
My hunting, fishing, and shooting bud and his wife will be coming to dinner soon and I will be making a cassoulet. I ever learn…

Love a cassoulet. Or a bigos. Or a pot-au-feu.

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone

My hunting, fishing, and shooting bud and his wife will be coming to dinner soon and I will be making a cassoulet. I never learn…
I haven’t made a cassoulet in years. Since I’ve lost 50 pounds this past year, I eat much lighter now. Cassoulet is so heavy and rich, I’m not sure I’d still enjoy it. You should cook for yourself. You now eat lighter too. Put something on the grill!!! 🍗🍖

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I half cheated. Costco had Maine lobster ravioli on sale. I love seafood ravioli with my Pernod Cream sauce. But I didn’t want all the calories of the cream. So I improvised. I have “ice cubes” of homemade pesto in the freezer. I reduced just a couple tablespoons of cream with a nice splash of Pernod. Off heat, I melted in a cube of pesto.

Presto! Pernod pesto with a touch of creaminess. It was perfect. That’s a lot of P’s. Big side salad, of course.

A07DB68E-2C0F-4C21-B9EF-B83C9330E9C1.jpeg