What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Work has been rough lately to say the least.
Now that we are "open" since covid, we've been getting slammed with admissions.
Anyone who knows me, knows how I despise the paperwork involved.
It's very time consuming.
If you're a prn nurse, that doesn't matter.
You're going to get stuck there no matter what.
Probably why I had a headache lol
No, that is why I had a headache.
Lol
Retirement in March!
I keep telling myself that.

Ironman

🍺
Work has been rough lately to say the least.
Now that we are "open" since covid, we've been getting slammed with admissions.
Anyone who knows me, knows how I despise the paperwork involved.
It's very time consuming.
If you're a prn nurse, that doesn't matter.
You're going to get stuck there no matter what.
Probably why I had a headache lol
No, that is why I had a headache.
Lol
Retirement in March!
I keep telling myself that.
God bless you for all you do Lora! ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
God bless you for all you do Lora! ?
Thank you Mark.
I've been informed that I got voted employee of the month for August.
The residents council did that.
Next month I'll be posted on our entrance wall. They asked me a bunch of questions about how I feel about long time geriatric care, why I love being a nurse.
I'll take a snap of it to share when the time comes.

Johnny West

About 1300 we decided to drive to Mt. St. Helen’s. It was a long drive on twisting roads but the scenery was gorgeous, if you like trees. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had to do a grocery run this morning. I was shocked at how many items were out of stock. I sure hope the situation gets better instead of worse.

Heard on the news yesterday that some carrots are being recalled for salmonella, and then I heard this morning that some McCormick spices are being recalled for salmonella.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Had to do a grocery run this morning. I was shocked at how many items were out of stock. I sure hope the situation gets better instead of worse.

Heard on the news yesterday that some carrots are being recalled for salmonella, and then I heard this morning that some McCormick spices are being recalled for salmonella.
Yes, I think it's McCormick's red hot seasoning.

Nothing thrilling today.
I just picked up a weekend shift, though I must say I enjoy practicing for retirement. Lol
I guess we and a large part of the upper midwest are under the gun for a severe weather event.
Remember that derecho years back?
They're projecting it could become something like that.
Hope not!

Johnny West

I’ll have to look up those recalls. Thanks. BTW, Cooksie, the first jar of tuna we ate yesterday and it was very good. It was the first jat we had that didn’t seal. There are three more in the refrigerator and will do something with them today.

I‘ve noticed the same thing about items being out of stock, even at the commissary. We have a ways to go to get like Venezuela, though.

I have all the tuna canning stuff put away, now to think about making a batch of refrigerator pickles. I need to make an extra jar for a friend - I’ll find a jar mayonnaise jar as she never gives me my Balls back.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Welp, that storm system amounted to zip, thank the sweet Lord! Lol
I'm not sure if anyone south of here are going to get anything major.
It went right around.

Today I've got an inservice meeting, housework and may go to Ritter park for a walk.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We had huge thunderstorms all night long. I may have pieced together 2 hours sleep.

Lora, (does anyone still call you Lolly?) I envy you retirement. I have 2 more years. I have a little digital countdown clock on my desk that currently reads 700 more days. I'm really hoping to hang on till I turn 70, but I hate my new boss so much that I may go any day!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, some people still call me Lollie.
Family members mostly.
My little sister couldn't pronounce Loralei, it always came out Lollie.

My retirement, fortunately - can happen sooner than later.
I love being in nursing, but after 40 years (and especially since this whole covid thing).. I'm ready to say toodleooooo!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was looking at routers on Amazon. All the questions for the different models seemed to be focused on how many devices can be connected at one time....25, 35, 37, etc. I was thinking...Gah, how many devices can one house have. I started mentally counting mine. I get it now. I guess I never really thought about all the things that use wifi :dizzy:.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went grocery shopping.
It took forever.
Especially since I was being very selective and picky, making sure it was all healthy that found it's way into my cart. ?
It's a helluva lot more expensive too.
Sheesh!

I hear you, Lora! Welcome to my world!

I am thankful that I can afford to buy healthy food. (But I also wish I had the metabolism to eat junk and still be slim! ;) )

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I hear you, Lora! Welcome to my world!

I am thankful that I can afford to buy healthy food. (But I also wish I had the metabolism to eat junk and still be slim! ;) )

Lee
Me too (being able to afford).
My body lately has probably been saying "hey!where's the cookies, cake, ice cream, fried foods etc etc etc"..
?
I'm determined to eat healthier for the rest of my life.

Johnny West

We went for a drive this morning to get cucumbers, water the garden at Peter’s and to pick tomatoes and peas. It was misting heavily and quite nice. After Peter’s drove to Duris Farm for cucumbers but the place was packed so headed to Orting. We stopped at Schultz’s for sweet corn, then headed up the mountain to The old Goat Farm. There we got some hot as and an unusual fern I liked. From there we headed back down the valley to Duris, it was still packed with people so moved on to Sterino’s Farm. They were having a Hatch Chili event. They were selling cases of chilis and had a roaster going. The line was long so we just bought a bag full and I will roast them on my charcoal grill this evening. I may go back to Duris and see if I can get cucumbers.

Johnny West

We went for a drive this morning to get cucumbers, water the garden at Peter’s and to pick tomatoes and peas. It was misting heavily and quite nice. After Peter’s drove to Duris Farm for cucumbers but the place was packed so headed to Orting. We stopped at Schultz’s for sweet corn, then headed up the mountain to The old Goat Farm. There we got some hot as and an unusual fern I liked. From there we headed back down the valley to Duris, it was still packed with people so moved on to Sterino’s Farm. They were having a Hatch Chili event. They were selling cases of chilis and had a roaster going. The line was long so we just bought a bag full and I will roast them on my charcoal grill this evening. I may go back to Duris and see if I can get cucumbers.
Hostas.. I did get the cucumbers…

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got nice neighbours.

??
20210808_190352.jpg