Whats On The Plates Sunday October 20 - Saturday 26

Embryodad

Yesterday we had the kids, and next door neighbors over for celebration early of my 80th birthday; even though it's actually on the 22nd of the month. We hardly ever have a celebration on the actual day, unless it's on a Sunday. We had so much food ... ( catered ) from Pietro's Blackstone's restaurant up on the highway. Tons of food... sausage hot / spicy, lasagna , shrimp / eggplant rollatini;
mussels / fried calamari, salads. And of coarse, cake. Cookies and candy for the kids.

Today and for a few day's thereafter, we shall have leftovers unless we decide otherwise. I'm not too keen on eating leftovers, but I will eat shrimp and mussels the next day.

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD and I had Ihop this morning. We needed to get out for a while. I had a short stack (two pancakes topped with butter, glazed strawberries, sour cream, a splash each of strawberry, old-fashioned, and butter pecan syrups), two slices of bacon, orange juice, and hot tea. I could only eat half.
DD had a rooty tootty (it's called something else now).

ihop_breakfast_102024_1_IMG_3145.jpg

Johnny West

Wow, it never occurred to me to buy oysters in a jar. I wish I'd known about them when my father was alive.

Lee
It’s common out here. Prices have skyrocketed since last year. These were $12 and won’t be buying anymore anytime soon.

Her suppa was excellent!

img_1809-jpeg.70550