Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Fried Burger & Onions,
Mashed Spud,
Stinky Green Beans...

Hamburger & Onions 1-17-23.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We haad P.F. Chang bowls since they were on BOGO last week at the grocery and i wanted a meal I didn't have to cook. I had Chicken Pad Thai but could only eat about half because it was too spicy for me and Craig ate the rest. He had Dan Dan noodles, which he said were spicy but nothing on the Pad Thai.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
It all looks so good, you guys!

We had leftover rotiss chicken and homemade gravy over toasted heels of Dave's Bread. I love Peep's idea of making chicken skin cracklings! Side of oven-fried green beans.

Lee

View attachment 55505

I've been making cracklings for years for chicken and dumplings, chicken soup/stews, etc. Save the fat for roux or adding flavor when you pan fry something. It keeps a long time in the refrigerator.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been making cracklings for years for chicken and dumplings, chicken soup/stews, etc. Save the fat for roux or adding flavor when you pan fry something. It keeps a long time in the refrigerator.

I love the skin so it doesn't usually last long enough for me to make cracklings ;). Also, it never occured to me to do so.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I love the skin so it doesn't usually last long enough for me to make cracklings ;). Also, it never occured to me to do so.

Lee
I pull the skin off first when cooking chicken for soup or stew or anytime i cut up chicken for a dish. So, that's what i use to make cracklings.