What's On The Plates- Sunday January 15- Saturday 21 2023

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I've got some cube steak in the slow cooker and made cake for dessert 😊
PXL_20230115_212453654.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Embryodad

Yaaaas! In the meat department where she works. They have a lot of room to experiment.
I know where you're going Ironman..... my dear lady was called ( "the meat lady" ) in the meat room, in the
supermarkets she worked at. When she worked at the A&P, she would make sausages, and then cook them in electric skillets;
and that was for lunch for the other butchers, plus served as samples to the customers. And it was all billed to and paid and legally written off as for "customer samples"..... Its rare HERE in the stores that they make store made sausage anymore. It's all done in plants that pre-pack sausage.

Embryodad

Today was a celebration ( The new baby and Great Grandson Jaxson ), dinner. All the kids were here, and we had a
delicious eye round roast that Tina bought at a food purveyor's, and spaghetti and meatballs for the kids that didn't like the roast. I sliced the beef thin / shaved, on the meat slicer, and we made faux "Roy Rogers" roast beef sandwiches
on toasted and buttered soft rolls. We had bowls of beef broth to dip the sandwiches in.
We had French fries, chocolate cake, Kentucky butter cake, and brownies. $38.00 for the beef eye round was
well worth it. We couldn't go out to a restaurant for that price, and it fed 13 people and 4 kids.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I know where you're going Ironman..... my dear lady was called ( "the meat lady" ) in the meat room, in the
supermarkets she worked at. When she worked at the A&P, she would make sausages, and then cook them in electric skillets;
and that was for lunch for the other butchers, plus served as samples to the customers. And it was all billed to and paid and legally written off as for "customer samples"..... Its rare HERE in the stores that they make store made sausage anymore. It's all done in plants that pre-pack sausage.
Some of the Inserra ShopRites around here still have store in house made Italian sausage.