What's On The Plates Sunday August 27 - Saturday September 2?

Johnny West

Andy gave me a whole grass fed beef tenderloin for Christmas and finally got it out of freezer and cut it up for steaks. I’ll grill the bigger trimmings tonight.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My friend, Christine, rode her trike down to my house and took me for a 45 minute ride to a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant for lunch on this perfectly glorious day! On the lake, breeze blowing through the screens, we ordered blueberry ale and Sam's Seasonal. The menu was interesting - we got fried avocado wedges, shrimp tempura, warm soft pretzels with Gouda dipping, and Christine's pulled pork sandwich. Everything was great except the avocado - over fried, and we had it taken off the bill. Otherwise, a perfect afternoon!

Lee

View attachment 60692

View attachment 60693
View attachment 60695
View attachment 60696
View attachment 60697View attachment 60694
Say "Hi" to Christine!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
400 for 25 minutes my Butt !
Should have poked my head in there at 20 minutes...
Oddly, the char was not unpleasant...
Garlic, Dill and Black Pepper-rubbed Salmon Fillets
over Orange Rice
My favorite Veggie Blend...

Salmon Filets 9-1-23.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Stopped by Ty's place and got to briefly see my grandbug Elaina to wish her a happy birthday, before her Mom came to hijack her.
Then I stopped at Captain D's and got a seafood platter to bring home.
I've had the crab and a piece of fish.
Wild, busy day.. ugh lol

IMG_20230901_181810152.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Fried calamari, red & yellow potato salad, string bean salad, spring mix, kalamata & green olives, multicolored cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese, Caesar dressing. Lemon wedges and tomato sauce on the side.

fried_calamari_090223_IMG_1512.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT, Peep and John - your dinners last night all look fantastic! Wish I'd been at any of your dining room tables instead of the restaurant I was at!

I ordered "barbecued scallops" which sounded interesting and which were recommended by the waitress. Turned out that they were probably steamed scallops with a watery, spicy sauce poured over them. Not good.

Mark, any photos of your pulled pork? BTW, do you remove the "money muscle" before shredding? I never have, but will the next time I smoke a butt.

Lee

Ironman

🍺
Mark, any photos of your pulled pork? BTW, do you remove the "money muscle" before shredding? I never have, but will the next time I smoke a butt.
No, no pics. I did a pasta bake for company and then we got out the vodka and lemonade… my sweetie pulled it last night, thankfully. I don’t know where my phone was lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have two racks of ribs cooking in the gas grill on low heat. We will also have
a London broil...... Potato salad that Tina made, and apple pie and cookies from the local farm
in Long Valley.

Photos???

Lee

Johnny West

LT, Peep and John - your dinners last night all look fantastic! Wish I'd been at any of your dining room tables instead of the restaurant I was at!

I ordered "barbecued scallops" which sounded interesting and which were recommended by the waitress. Turned out that they were probably steamed scallops with a watery, spicy sauce poured over them. Not good.

Lee
What is the “money muscle”? I heard of that before.