What are you listening to at the moment?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been a fan of Tears For Fears since Songs From The Big Chair.
This is their newest.
Yep, classic Tears.
Love it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It‘s on PBS And you can pick out what entertainers you want to listen to.
I checked this out this morning. I have PBS on my roku. There is a ton of videos on there, so I'll take some time to go through it all. Thanks!

Ironman

🍺
In an interview with National Public Radio (NPR), Carly said she wrote this song about Cat Stevens while she was waiting for him to pick her up for their first date. Simon was opening for Stevens at the Troubadour in Los Angeles; she invited him to come by her apartment for their date after the show, and he accepted. As time ticked by, Simon got peeved and vented her frustration by writing this song.

When Stevens did show up, it marked the beginning of a loving relationship Simon spoke of fondly many years later. She ended up marrying James Taylor in 1972.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
As much as I like Willie, I like this version better.
I think Nash was the writer and original person to record. Looks like Willie copied him, which is unusual because people are usually copying him and his songs.

Ironman

🍺
Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
As much as I like Willie, I like this version better.
I think Nash was the writer and original person to record. Looks like Willie copied him, which is unusual because people are usually copying him and his songs.

The original by Nash is probably in my all time top ten list. I think many have covered that song.
i went on a date with this really pretty hippy chick back in the late 90’s. This tune came on the radio and she sang along with it, very pretty voice ❤️ That’s what that song reminds me of 😉

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In an interview with National Public Radio (NPR), Carly said she wrote this song about Cat Stevens while she was waiting for him to pick her up for their first date. Simon was opening for Stevens at the Troubadour in Los Angeles; she invited him to come by her apartment for their date after the show, and he accepted. As time ticked by, Simon got peeved and vented her frustration by writing this song.

When Stevens did show up, it marked the beginning of a loving relationship Simon spoke of fondly many years later. She ended up marrying James Taylor in 1972.

No kidding! I am a huge fan of Cat's "Tea for the Tillerman" album. Played it nearly every day in college. Very interesting story, thanks, Ironman!

Lee