What are you eating Sunday 9/1/2024 to Saturday 9/7/2024?

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
One scrambled egg, Taylor ham pork roll, and cinnamon raisin toast was for breakfast.

breakfast_090124_1_IMG_2933.jpg

Embryodad

Tina made a delicious chuck roast. Cooked that on low low, for like 6 hours.
Mashed potatoes and gravy. Apple pie that DD picked up at the local farm stand.
She was sick also, so she went to the ER last night, but she can't be tied down.
She has scarlet fever. I'm slowly able to swallow now. And I'm eating a lot of hot and spicy chicken soup. ..... "Everyone, have a good Labor Day!" Enjoy if you can.

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
She was sick also, so she went to the ER last night, but she can't be tied down.
She has scarlet fever. I'm slowly able to swallow now. And I'm eating a lot of hot and spicy chicken soup. ..... "Everyone, have a good Labor Day!" Enjoy if you can.
Your dinner sounds fantastic.
Hope you and DD get better soon.

Embryodad

Chicken soup is in the slow cooker since last night.
I will have baked cod fish. Tina wants spaghetti with meat sauce ( ground beef ).... so she will make the sauce with must use soon tomatoes, from her little garden she had in big pots on the deck.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, Jimmy, scarlet fever/scarletina??? I had it when I was a little girl and have never heard of anyone else ever having it in over 60 years! Highly contagious. Did you get it, too?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Gorgeous day for a smoke-a-thon.

Did ribs with regular bbq sauce (Head Country) and the other rack with a new Chinese rib sauce that the people on FB were raving about (Butcher Block Rib Sauce). Both good.

Also smoked a half pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches (tomorrow), thawed some homemade Boston Baked Beans from the freezer, and made Dr. BBQ's Creamy Cole Slaw.

And made ABT's from the rest of my homegrown jalapenos, and cherry-smoked some bacon.

And drank beer while listening to music with my friends and pets in the backyard.

Lovely day!

Lee

Dinner ribs.jpg

Dinner pork.jpg

Dinner bacon and abts.jpg

Embryodad

Had COD fish cooked on the gas grill on a piece of foil. Had a side of grilled peppers and onions.
Had a burger bun to push it down. Peach pie for dessert. That was one Tina bought at the ShopRite store. It was awful. It was dripping wet on the bottom, and the peaches were crunchy, with a hard plastic top, that needed a sharp knife to break it into smaller pieces. I think the peach season is over for me. ............................................. "((( THE END )))" .................................................

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Gorgeous day for a smoke-a-thon.

Did ribs with regular bbq sauce (Head Country) and the other rack with a new Chinese rib sauce that the people on FB were raving about (Butcher Block Rib Sauce). Both good.

Also smoked a half pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches (tomorrow), thawed some homemade Boston Baked Beans from the freezer, and made Dr. BBQ's Creamy Cole Slaw.

And made ABT's from the rest of my homegrown jalapenos, and cherry-smoked some bacon.

And drank beer while listening to music with my friends and pets in the backyard.

Lovely day!

Lee

View attachment 69443

View attachment 69444

View attachment 69445
Gorgeous job Lee! 🥰

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Had COD fish cooked on the gas grill on a piece of foil. Had a side of grilled peppers and onions.
Had a burger bun to push it down. Peach pie for dessert. That was one Tina bought at the ShopRite store. It was awful. It was dripping wet on the bottom, and the peaches were crunchy, with a hard plastic top, that needed a sharp knife to break it into smaller pieces. I think the peach season is over for me. ............................................. "((( THE END )))" .................................................
(((I’m sorry)))

Embryodad

Wow, Jimmy, scarlet fever/scarletina??? I had it when I was a little girl and have never heard of anyone else ever having it in over 60 years! Highly contagious. Did you get it, too?

Lee
I didn't get it Lee, but I had no fever. Just a summer cold I Guess....
Tina had scarlet fever when she was a baby, and it damaged her heart which caused her to have an enlarged heart,and a heart murmur. Leakage of the valve.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't get it Lee, but I had no fever. Just a summer cold I Guess....
Tina had scarlet fever when she was a baby, and it damaged her heart which caused her to have an enlarged heart,and a heart murmur. Leakage of the valve.
I had rheumatic fever when I was 5 and it left me with a heart murmur. But I've never suffered any consequences from it other than a trippy heart, until I started on a beta-blocker in my 20s.
Still very active!