What are you eating Sunday 7/28/24 to Saturday 8/3/24?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cobb!!

Lee

IMG_20240731_183711.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jumping ahead to tomorrow, I found some gorgeous corn on the cob today.
It's the small kernal ears at my local store, and packed from local farmers.
I'm thrilled to have found it.
My Grandma always told me to test corn by digging your nail into a kernal, if it pops with a visual moisture, then buy it.
I did.
I'll have a cob with a strip steak and salad 😊
1000020878.jpg
1000020879.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Didn't feel like cooking a protein tonight. Corn still isn't excellent, but getting a bit better (bought at Farmer's Market, but I think the vendor got it from the supermarket, lol!)

Saved half of that salad for lunch tomorrow.

Lee

Salad.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been experimenting with different ways of cooking corn on the cob. All of my (very long) life, I've boiled the ears in water for 6 minutes, as I was taught.

This week, I nuked a shucked ear wrapped in wax paper for 2 minutes - not good, mealy and mushy.

Next day, I boiled an ear as usual. Better (the corn is not local).

Tonight, I nuked an ear without shucking for 3 minutes. Best.

Looking forward to having real local corn, which you can pretty much eat raw and it's delicious.

Tonight's corn was served with my first harvested slicing tomato and storebough frozen tempura shrimp (fantastic!)

Lee

dinner.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Buzz grilled burgers for my birthday dinner. I sauteed some mushrooms and onions in butter and balsamic vinegar to top my Swiss cheese patty. He's having baked fries and I'm having leftover broccoli bacon salad with mine 🥰

Attachments

• PXL_20240803_004125168.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240803_004125168.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

Embryodad

Tonight will be stuffed mushrooms, and corn on the cobb. My method of cooking the shucked corn is in a pot of boiling water for three minutes; and then left in the pot for 3 minutes.
I like to suck the sweet juice out of the inner core of the cooked corn.
I call that my Diabetic corn juice ....... ( "Not to be confused with Kickapoo joy juice! )

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I keep forgetting how delicious these Tyson chicken strips are, even when they've been in the freezer for a few months!

Served with my home grown vegs: Ichiban eggplant, Party Time mini cuke, Black Cherry tomatoes. Ranch dressing to dip.

Lee

dinner.jpg