What are you doing today?

Johnny West

Nancy got her hip replaced, saw PT, did what they required, and was sent home. I got her in the house and in bed and comfortable. I am not the 40 year old LPN, home care nurse I used to be. It’s the first time since 0400 I’ve been able to put my feet up… she ordered pizza while I was at drug store getting things we needed.

Johnny West

She is progressing better with each time she gets up, much better than I did last year. She is already keeping me jumping and quickly reminding me of my nursing days. I guess I am fortunate to have had that experience.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Stopped at a Farmer's Market and got stuff to make it festive at my apartment entrance.
Put my geraniums on the back patio.
I hope my mums do okay.
All the others were either overgrown or dead lol

20210924_161144.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to bed fairly early (for me) lol
I've already been up, dressed and over to work to do my Tuesday lab sent covid test.
We do the rapid testing on Fridays.
Yes, even though fully vaccinated we still need to test.
One of our dietary workers tested positive after having been vaccinated.
I'm not surprised.
😐🙄

Johnny West

Today I helped Nancy with her bath routine and dressing for a doctor’s appointment. We drove to hospital and she was nauseous the whole trip, dropped her at the door and she ambulated with walker down hall to find the door not in use anymore, she then walked down a long hallway to the proper door, all this while I was parking the car. I did the same walk and finally got to clinic and she is crying. They changed her appointment and didn’t tell her.

we then drove to the liquor store and resupplied brandy and tequila. They are limiting patrons to two bottles of French cognac due to limited availability. I’ll have to go back again, soon. Is this an omen of things to come?

Johnny West

We made the 0800 appointment in good time and it actually went well, as did her eye exam. After we were done stopped at Costco and filled up then home. Nancy went upstairs and is sitting in her recliner, a first sice her replacement. I heated up the leftover bacon and eggs from last night and made a bacon butty with the heels of the bread loaf. Later I’m going to PT and ride the stationary bike then we are going to the yarn shop in Tacoma then stop by Sterino’s for veg.

Johnny West

i went to PT and rode the bike, then we drove to Sumner and got coffee at Dillano’s Coffee Roasters, went to Storinos and got veg, then on to Tacoma to the yarn shop. I should have taken a picture of the yarn shop. It has a steel door and doorbell. You have to ring to get in. That is how bad things are in Tacoma. We came home and I prepared dinner. It’s beer o’clock.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a guy scheduled for 8am this morning to do some yard work. I set my alarm, got up early, and just waited and waited. When he wasn't here by 9am, I figured he wasn't coming. At 10 am, I just totally gave up. What is wrong with people :glare:.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Covid testing at work.
It's still a weekly thing, but we've gone back to lab sent vial testing in addition to the rapid tests.
Two residents and 3 staff members have tested positive.
All have been vaccinated.
😐

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Colin Powell was fully vaccinated and passed yesterday from Covid. I’m sorry but IMO it’s people that won’t get vaccinated that are killing people.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
2 to 7 residents is a pretty big jump in one day...:(

Just not too long ago, I thought we were turning the page on this stuff. I'm sick of this stuff, and I know you are too.
Pretty much like it happened last time, as you recall.

I'm sick of it and I'm pissed.
This morning one of the other nurses who hadn't been there entirely through our last hellish time said "here we go again."
I hope not.
God I hope not.

Ironman

🍺
Pretty much like it happened last time, as you recall.

I'm sick of it and I'm pissed.
This morning one of the other nurses who hadn't been there entirely through our last hellish time said "here we go again."
I hope not.
God I hope not.
The cases have been going down for awhile now. Now they are saying you can mix the booster shots? The experiment continues…

this is a science website I follow with hard facts.

324F4EA9-9781-4E37-9D19-8D1574BEC2A6.jpeg

Johnny West

I’s a cold, wet, dreary day here. I’ll take it. The weather bomb we were supposed to get is headed north towards Alaska. I was prepared.

today we plan to go to Seattle, to my son’s house, but sometime the contractor is stopping buy to put up a robe hook in the hall bath. The bathrooms are finished save that robe hook and the mirror frame. The mirror frame is on order.

Johnny West

Well, he came just as we were about to leave so that worked out. The drive to south Seattle was uneventful and was able to dodge a traffic jam do to a collision.