What are you doing today?

Embryodad

Finally reorganized my sock drawer.

Amazing how much room there is now!

Lee
Nice and neat Lee! I am a finicky sock drawer keeper!
Each pair of mine are rolled and tucked into a ball. Ever since I was a kid, mom insisted we keep our socks that way.
Tina hates when I do that, and she still lays mine folded in half; flat, one on top of the other.

Johnny West

Yesterday, after coming home from school, I made over 3 gallons of chili for our church soup kitchen today. I cooked up two pounds of pinto and pink beans and took forever for them to get tender. they were 5-6 years old so pretty dried out. This morning I finished them off, adjusted the spices, and it's ready to go. Last week they fed over 40 (they give out seconds to easily) and ran out of soup so this should cover that number and more. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Tonight I'll grill a steak. :weber:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
baking . . . his is what happens when you do have snow, but do not have burger buns...
IMG_1162.jpg

saved the recipe by someone attempting to re-create "Navy hamburger rolls" - first attempt - needs tweaking - dough was much too slack.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
taste / texture is super - the problem was the physical shaping/handling.

original hydration was 65% - my notes suggest 55% next time....

Johnny West

I want to make banana bread and cookies today but need to do shoveling. It's supposed to snow all week, which is unusual for us. We'll see.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lollie, u hit many correct places- my bestie is afraid of furries, so i'll be there by myself this summer; may meet u @ convention center-- odd that they scare him-- meh, well-- he's kinda not so very social-

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I stopped at Primanti Brothers once. I got what the waitress said was the most popular sandwich ......it was loaded with all kinds of stuff besides teh meat. I did not care for it at all. If it were just pastrami and cheese I would love that. So my question: is that all your sandwich had on it or was it loaded with all the other 'stuff' Primanti Brothers is known for?

doc!! gasp~ fries & slaw make that sammich-- not so simplistic to navigate, delicious tho-- namely w/ an egg~~ ummm--

Last edited:

Johnny West

I sub taught a resource room this morning then ran a few errands for the mrs. tonight is quesadilla's for dinner with plenty of margaritas. Today is National Margarita Day. We got this the other day to have for tonight; grapefruit margaritas. :heart:

Attachments

• 0-9 copy 9.jpg
    0-9 copy 9.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 196

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
most of a take-away dinner (gilled cheese)-- fed half my crusts & sammich to my babs, & she is not yet through batting them over my floor; sigh-- to be a meower, that would rock--

Last edited:

Johnny West

I'm doing a lot of last minute small chores in prep to flying out in the early AM to SLC and two weeks of child care with my granddaughter, Madeleine. :heart:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
DIL in the kitchen making her special Puerto Rican rice.
It has rice, chick peas, kidney beans, bacon, Sazon, adobo,sofrito, tomato sauce,onions, cumin..
Can't wait to taste it.

20190315_154338-614x614.jpg

20190315_153417-614x614.jpg

20190315_154319-614x614.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Not much going on today. I was watching the news this morning, and Jax (cat) was playing in his favorite chair, which has a hanging furry ball on a stretchy string from the side. Both cats have played with the ball most every day, and there has never been a problem.

All of a sudden, Jax lets out these weird sounding, distressed meows, never heard them before, and is hunched down in the chair. I think the little sucker is having a heart attack. I checked it out, and his paw was wrapped up in the string from the ball, and he couldn't get it out.

I set him down on the floor and tried to unwrap the string. Setting him on the floor must have tightened the string, and the little sucker BIT ME :(, not horrible but it drew blood. I had to get the scissors to cut the ball off and untangle his paw. Geez Louise!

On a good note, it's pretty outside today and temps should get into the 70's. I'm so ready for spring.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my pal brought me a phish sammich; i made half-way through; once 12:00am went by, as i'd gotten this phobia that they made that via their same cooking vessel they may make chix/etcetera w/-- so my fast went beyond Lenten-Friday- i went & got my sammich via my fridge once 12 this morning went past--

p'rogies soon-- my 38th is on Friday, so we'll choose a seafood place---getting 1 is simplistic here; dining w/ my Mom & Stepdad isn't so simplistic, where we'll be-- we were gonna dine here, 'cept they choose to dine there, so~~ red lobster, i suppose--
gotta get a meower-sitter, as babs is not one to be near their dogs when we see 'em~~
my guy-pal could be babs' pseudo-Mom--

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
my pal brought me a phish sammich; i made half-way through; once 12:00am went by, as i'd gotten this phobia that they made that via their same cooking vessel they may make chix/etcetera w/-- so my fast went beyond Lenten-Friday- i went & got my sammich via my fridge once 12 this morning went past--

p'rogies soon-- my 38th is on Friday, so we'll choose a seafood place---getting 1 is simplistic here; dining w/ my Mom & Stepdad isn't so simplistic, where we'll be-- we were gonna dine here, 'cept they choose to dine there, so~~ red lobster, i suppose--
gotta get a meower-sitter, as babs is not one to be near their dogs when we see 'em~~
my guy-pal could be babs' pseudo-Mom--
Aubs, Jeff is there for the weekend with Kasey.
They went to a church fish fry near you.
I'll grab the pic and info later.

Embryodad

Lunch was a can of sardines with a slice of Irish soda bread.
Supper was Stouffer's mac and cheese. Stella d'Oro Roman Biscuits for dessert.

????? How did I get here. ?????

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch was a can of sardines with a slice of Irish soda bread.
Supper was Stouffer's mac and cheese. Stella d'Oro Roman Biscuits for dessert.

????? How did I get here. ?????
many, many of my dinners involve tipping wait-persons, & if i'm too 'meh' to get dinner, i'll make my food here; that may mean a seasoning packet & cheap oodles-of-noodles, msg, & grilled cheeses, w/ a cold can of soup-- slumps happen; when u make that PB straight via a plastic utensil, well-- better than illicit items-- we'll begin to make actual dinners again!! give urself a few--

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Working on my laundry.
The building managers had all new washers and dryers installed down in the laundry room.
Really nice digital Samsungs.
They play a tune when the cycle is over.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Doing a system recovery on my laptop.
My eldest granddaughter had it for months using it for home school.
I had to remove so much stuff she put on it.
Like apps for this and that.
What a mess!
It's going to take hours to get it back to the way it was.
Grrr lol

Embryodad

Watching DD bake butter cookies. ( Easter Bunnies and Egg shapes ).
I sit and beg like a dog, and she gives me the broken misfit cookies to eat.

Johnny West

I've been busy with life - the mrs got a shoulder replacement two weeks ago so I do home care and chief cook and bottle washer. Last week I had some oral surgery and can only eat soft food - getting tired of mac and cheese and pizza. I can only chew on left side of the most. tonight will be the 3rd day of tuna and egg salad sandwiches and the hard boiled eggs will be gone. The 30th stitches are out and will have a burger. :weber: watching lots of movies and caught up on GOT and starting them over - can't shoot the big rifles or shotguns till jaw heals.

My car failed emissions and have a land rover appointment - more $$$$.

That's it in a nutshell.

Embryodad

I've been busy with life - the mrs got a shoulder replacement two weeks ago so I do home care and chief cook and bottle washer. Last week I had some oral surgery and can only eat soft food - getting tired of mac and cheese and pizza. I can only chew on left side of the most. tonight will be the 3rd day of tuna and egg salad sandwiches and the hard boiled eggs will be gone. The 30th stitches are out and will have a burger. :weber: watching lots of movies and caught up on GOT and starting them over - can't shoot the big rifles or shotguns till jaw heals.

My car failed emissions and have a land rover appointment - more $$$$.

That's it in a nutshell.
Hope all heals soon. DW had her arm muscle reattached to the shoulder, and a bone spur removed. She developed RSD in the arm and hand. Just copy same as the right arm / hand, she had done in 2005.
We will be praying for you and DW.
Take it slow and easy!