What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

How come he makes it if it's seems to be boring to him?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Yesterday - corn bread and cranberry tangerine nut bread (no pics of the cranberry bread)

corn_bread_010910_1_P1050110.JPG

corn_bread_010910_2_P1050117.JPG

Tonight - Cheese biscuits (shredded 4 cheese blend added to the dough) brushed with melted herb butter (My grinder blend - salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and red pepper flakes) before baking.

cheese_biscuits_011010_P1050123.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I made a pistachio nut swirl cake.

Great recipe, isn't it, Barb?

It looks greener in real life than it did in the pictures I took of mine.

Did you use yellow or white cake mix?

Lee

homecook

Great recipe, isn't it, Barb?

It looks greener in real life than it did in the pictures I took of mine.

Did you use yellow or white cake mix?

Lee

I used the yellow cake mix, that's what my recipe called for. I was going to use white but forgot when I went to the store and just thought of what I normally use. Next time..........I bet it will turn out greener than too. I love this!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I used the yellow cake mix, that's what my recipe called for. I was going to use white but forgot when I went to the store and just thought of what I normally use. Next time..........I bet it will turn out greener than too. I love this!
is the recipe posted? it looks great

homecook

Peeps, I think QSis posted it in "Cakes". My recipe is basically the same except for the cake mix, yellow as opposed to white. Either way it's great!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peeps, I think QSis posted it in "Cakes". My recipe is basically the same except for the cake mix, yellow as opposed to white. Either way it's great!
thank you and happy early birthday again

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

yesterdays cranberry tangerine and nut bread

cranberry_tangerine_nut_bread_102909_P1040619.JPG

Last edited:

vyapti

My latest attempt at sandwich bread. It's supposed to be 1/3 whole wheat, but I think it I miscounted the four, It took 20 minutes to of kneading and adding water. The crumb was still pretty dense, but turned out better than I thought. The buns are going to make great hamburgers.

4265155134_8e1d8777c8.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Great looking bread vy! I bet they will make great buns...I'll bet the bread would make great paninis too!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peeps, that bread looks really good. Can you post the recipe?
thank you. i can't remember where i got this recipe but i have tinkered with it since so i will have to type it up with my changes and post it as soon as possible for you mama.

fahriye

I have been baking NO KNEAD olive and sundried tomato bread with sesame seeds today. It turned out very good and looking forward to make cheese and onion bread soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 111

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Oh, oh, oh fahriye - that looks delicious. I love olive bread. Is the recipe posted here?

suziquzie

Well my dolly and I seem to be getting bored, so we are going to bake a candycane frosted brownie mix my mother gave her.....

fahriye

Oh, oh, oh fahriye - that looks delicious. I love olive bread. Is the recipe posted here?

Thanks Fisher's mam. I am going to post on my blog tonight in detail but if you want to mix the dough for tomorrow, here are the ingredents.

1) 10 1/2 oz white bread flour, 5 oz wholemeal bread flour
2) 1/4 ts instant yeast, 1 tsp salt
3) 450 ml warm water
4) 1 tbs molases or honey
5) 1 tbsp olive oil
6) 2 tbsp of chopped black plives
7) 2 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
8) Sesame seeds for sprinkling.
Mix everything to make a dough, Cover with cling film and leave it for 12- 18 hours.
Not : Personally I am not very good with cups but if you prefer it:
1 cup = 5 oz wholemeal flour
2 cups = 10 1/2 oz white flour.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Thank you so much, fahriye! I was sold at the olives, and the molasses put it over the top! This must taste fantastic.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I have been baking NO KNEAD olive and sundried tomato bread with sesame seeds today. It turned out very good and looking forward to make cheese and onion bread soon.
beautiful

fahriye

Yes Mom, it is really good!! In fact I am going to slice it put in the freezer so I won't finish it tonite lol!!! I love bread and I could easly keep going back and forth until it all goes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.