Toscano’s

Johnny West

Nancy had the scallops and they were very good. They have this Valentines Day menu going through Monday and she said Nancy was the first to order scallops. I went with my usual steak and wish I had gotten the lamb chops. My steak was not rare but didn’t send it back. I like more dressing on the salad but it was still good.

1F6B7CC8-9C4E-4A28-9503-EB9A2E8B78F4.jpeg0EA308E2-2FB8-40AE-89EE-EC31B3BE3F12.jpeg776547CE-F61A-476E-BDD5-0BA6A548F9CF.jpeg83C22E97-0FDA-4B0D-8CAD-078B58372CF2.jpeg616D69D8-8877-4B9E-8AF6-2F329645C542.jpeg85245BE2-1CCA-4D3A-8685-DECB76858F81.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good Lord, John! Everything looks incredible, including your steak, starting with that beautiful martini! Please tell me it was gin!

Lee

Johnny West

Good Lord, John! Everything looks incredible, including your steak, starting with that beautiful martini! Please tell me it was gin!

Lee
No, it was a happy hour vodka martini. I asked what vodka they used and it is Monarch! It tasted like Grey Goose. My steak had a bit of a burn on it, was medium when I asked for rare, but didn’t send it back.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
tell James Bond…

I will, and I will also tell him that classic martinis must never be shaken, ONLY stirred! Cocktails that should be shaken have mixers in them, not all-alcohol cocktails, such as a martini. Which is gin and vermouth with olive garnish.

You're welcome. :food-and-drink007_2

Lee

P.S. The cocktail made with vodka, vermouth and an olive garnish really needs to have a new name. How about the "James Bond"? And don't get me started about fru-fru drinks called "martinis"! Chocolate??? Puh-leese!

Johnny West

We had an errand to run that took us past Toscano’s so decided on a happy hour stop and early dinner. I had the ribeye and Caesar salad and Nancy the salmon with a ramp sauce and a beet salad. It was all good.

F2954539-DC52-4D8D-A505-2065B8A77584.jpeg89139530-71C1-4ED8-A361-578EA94F8616.jpeg8155B104-24EB-4FCB-841C-52842976DAD2.jpegEB0EEC0D-A92A-4B48-A684-A02044B8E5E2.jpeg

Johnny West

We were just notified they changed their menu. It looks like they took the ribeye off and replaced it with a New York Strip. 😢

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks wonderful, John!

Does your vodka cocktail have any vermouth in it? Does it have any flavor?

Lee

Johnny West

I never drink straight vodka, but I'm thinking there isn't a lot of flavor. Maybe a bit of alcohol-y?

Lee
Some taste different than others. Grey Goose is smooth with no burning sensation. Anymore, the only way I can drink gin is with tonic and lime.

Johnny West

I see Toscano’s has a new ribeye on the menu, this one I don’t think is loaded with the mushrooms. Prices have gone up….

Johnny West

Last night was a disappointment to say the least. It took forever to get served and when we did our meals were under the heat lamp to long and had like a crust on them. Nancy’s salmon had no flavour, Amelia’s pasta was dried out, and my ribeye was well done And covered with to much blue cheese, I think to hide the blackened state of the steak. I ate it but complained. It was to late to ask for another. The waiter took the steak off the bill. the place was packed as is to be expected at the start of the Christmas season.