Rants and Raves thread

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think I remember other people having that same problem. If you haven't already done so, click "report" on your post, and you'll probably get a pretty quick response. There is also another thread for people having problems with the software. Somebody usually shows up on that one very quickly too. I enjoy your dinner pictures and would rather not have to click on an attachment.

Facebook must be getting very strict. You're not the first person who has been thrown in jail for little to nothing.
I did recently over something goofy lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I did recently over something goofy lol
I remember, but I wasn't going to out you :).

I don't know what you posted, but we'll see how this rolls on here :mrgreen:

1619647799379.png

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It’s that line of icons at the top starting with B and has the little picture icon to post pictures. It is faded like it’s been turned off.
I have checked and rechecked permissions. I have searched the xen forum to no avail. they say it is due to add ons but I have not added anything. I'm at a loss but I have not given up ....it just might be a bit till I figure this one out. Sorry.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is extremely weird but I got a tip from another xen admin. click the bb code brackets. Once I did all the grayed out options came active.
BB code brackets [ ] are top right area or your post window. When you hover over it it says toggle BB code.
Try that and let me know if it works. THANKS

Johnny West

We started a new diet fad today, due to my constant coughing, hacking, sinus congestion, and bronchial tube crap I hack up. I take meds, use a sinus rinse, and two inhalers. It’s a PITA. The diet is an anti inflammatory diet and is much like the whole 30 diet but with a few less restrictions. We’ll see how taht goes… this morning I had steel cut oats with Splenda and a faux milk. I’m already cranky.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We started a new diet fad today, due to my constant coughing, hacking, sinus congestion, and bronchial tube crap I hack up. I take meds, use a sinus rinse, and two inhalers. It’s a PITA. The diet is an anti inflammatory diet and is much like the whole 30 diet but with a few less restrictions. We’ll see how taht goes… this morning I had steel cut oats with Splenda and a faux milk. I’m already cranky.
John, is that the one similar to the Mediterranean diet?
I believe a few of the nurses at work are on a plan similar.
30 days of grains, greens, no sugars and fish is allowed.

Johnny West

Yes, that’s the one. We have lots of salmon and halibut so can’t complain to much. Red meat is allowed occasionally.

tonight is a salmon and spinach dish with a salade and some veg on the side. I’ll make Brussels sprouts for myself as she can’t stand them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, that’s the one. We have lots of salmon and halibut so can’t complain to much. Red meat is allowed occasionally.

tonight is a salmon and spinach dish with a salade and some veg on the side. I’ll make Brussels sprouts for myself as she can’t stand them.

Good luck!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, I admit it: I'm a member of the grammar police. However, as much as I would love to do so, I don't point out errors to the offenders, only to anyone around me. Sometimes, strangers.

I am getting more and more annoyed with so many, many people saying "would have" when the correct usage is "had".

Incorrect: "If I would have known you liked cake ...

Correct: "If I had known you liked cake ..."

(If anyone cares, the phrase "would have" is not used after "If". It is correctly used after "then".)

Correct: "If I had known you liked cake, then I would have baked one for you".

I feel a bit better now after writing this.

Thank you.

Lee

Ironman

🍺
Okay, I admit it: I'm a member of the grammar police. However, as much as I would love to do so, I don't point out errors to the offenders, only to anyone around me. Sometimes, strangers.

I am getting more and more annoyed with so many, many people saying "would have" when the correct usage is "had".

Incorrect: "If I would have known you liked cake ...

Correct: "If I had known you liked cake ..."

(If anyone cares, the phrase "would have" is not used after "If". It is correctly used after "then".)

Correct: "If I had known you liked cake, then I would have baked one for you".

I feel a bit better now after writing this.

Thank you.

Lee
I knew what you mean, Lee.
:yankchain:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sometimes, strangers.
That is really surprising to me. You're always so nice. I hope one of those strangers never gets really po'd and tries to kick your butt.
:mrgreen: I don't think you like gets either.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is really surprising to me. You're always so nice. I hope one of those strangers never gets really po'd and tries to kick your butt.
:mrgreen: I don't think you like gets either.

LOL! I don't CORRECT the strangers, Cooksie. I just comment on the incorrect grammar of other people. Strangers couldn't care less.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have a little rave for Amazon. They have made it so very easy to return items. I was used to having to re-pack and affix a return label. Now you can just print out some kind of code and take it to a UPS drop-off. They'll pack it, print out a label, and you're done with it. Hardest part is trying to get the item to go back in the original box correctly :mrgreen:.

Note to the techy people on here:
I was talking about buying a new router the other day. If you ever see me making what you think is a bad decision on a product, or looking at what you perceive to be an outdated product, please speak up. I need all the help I can get :). I didn't even know there was such a thing as a combo modem/router available.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was outside fiddling around with my geraniums and saw an insect out the corner of my eye. I thought it flew on by, but unbeknownst to me it took a ride inside on the back of my shirt.
It was a huge waspy looking hornet ?
I whipped the shirt up over my head and threw it in the bathtub.
Thankfully the little creeper was in it.
I could hear it buzzing so I stepped inside the tub and started quickly dancing all over the shirt to smash it.
If anyone had seen me they'd have thought what is that crazy woman doing?
?

Embryodad

I had a fit last three days. A small fly got in the house, and flew on my face. The more I swung, the faster he flew.
Then he chased Tina. At night, he hid some place, but in daytime light, he was back again.
Finally , after hundreds of attempts with the fly swatter, I whacked his @$$.

Johnny West

I was outside fiddling around with my geraniums and saw an insect out the corner of my eye. I thought it flew on by, but unbeknownst to me it took a ride inside on the back of my shirt.
It was a huge waspy looking hornet ?
I whipped the shirt up over my head and threw it in the bathtub.
Thankfully the little creeper was in it.
I could hear it buzzing so I stepped inside the tub and started quickly dancing all over the shirt to smash it.
If anyone had seen me they'd have thought what is that crazy woman doing?
?
Those things are no fun. I got stung several times once and the pain was almost unbearable.

Ironman

🍺
I went to the grocery store last night and loaded up for the party Sunday. Ribs, beef, sour cream and other perishable items. I noticed the freezer wasn’t really making ice last night. Temp on the fridge said 53F this morning... nice. My fridge took a shat on me. Dammit man... Everything in the trash because I will NOT risk anyone getting sick from my cooking.

I call around and find out refrigerators are kinda hard to get these days. YIKES! I called a small town appliance place and they had one. For $2600.00. Dammit! French doors with the freezer on the bottom. These things have air filters nowadays lol. I bought it and got it set up. Then off to the grocery store to piss away another $200.00. Dammit! :mad:
Then I remembered why I did it. To see my grand baby and Family this weekend, so it was well worth it. :giggle:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I went to the grocery store last night and loaded up for the party Sunday. Ribs, beef, sour cream and other perishable items. I noticed the freezer wasn’t really making ice last night. Temp on the fridge said 53F this morning... nice. My fridge took a shat on me. Dammit man... Everything in the trash because I will NOT risk anyone getting sick from my cooking.

I call around and find out refrigerators are kinda hard to get these days. YIKES! I called a small town appliance place and they had one. For $2600.00. Dammit! French doors with the freezer on the bottom. These things have air filters nowadays lol. I bought it and got it set up. Then off to the grocery store to piss away another $200.00. Dammit! :mad:
Then I remembered why I did it. To see my grand baby and Family this weekend, so it was well worth it. :giggle:
At least you found one. Have fun at your party tomorrow.
I have to wonder about all this chip shortage stuff going on. We may be seeing some higher prices on a lot of things.