Old Timey Blueberry Recepies

Johnny West

I'll need to adjust the flan recipe. I used a Canadian distillery made vanilla extract that was strong flavoured, it was extremely eggy, and 50 minutes was too long. Next time will check it at 40 minutes and go from there. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. All in all it didn't taste bad.

Johnny West

I'll try it again in a few days. They all can't be entered in the fair on the first attempt.

IMG_6308.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The money shot.

IMG_6311.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SUSAN!!! Welcome home!

What's cooking? Or baking????

Lee

Johnny West

I spotted this recipe in last Summer's Garden and Gun and will have to give it a try.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/anatomy-classic-blueberry-cobbler/page/0/1

Blueberry Cobbler
Serves 10

Ingredients

Zest from 1 lime
1 tbsp. finely chopped mint, plus 10 sprigs, for garnish
1 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
4 cups blueberries
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
¾ cup 2 percent milk
¹⁄³ cup agave syrup

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup vanilla cream

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix lime zest, mint, confectioners’ sugar, and blueberries in a bowl and set aside. Place butter and oil in a 10½-inch cast-iron skillet and transfer to oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, to make batter, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, then whisk in milk, agave syrup, and vanilla. Remove skillet from oven, add butter-oil mixture to the batter, and stir to combine. Pour batter into the hot skillet, top with berries, and bake until the batter has browned and risen up around the fruit, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer skillet to a rack to cool slightly. Serve with a dollop of vanilla cream and a sprig of mint.

Vanilla Cream

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preparation

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
SUSAN!!! Welcome home!

What's cooking? Or baking????

Lee
I made a really great Cook's Illustrated Lentil and Kale dish for dinner tonight. 25 minutes to a vegetarian meal. I would make it again.

Attachments

• 20160219_175603-1.jpg
    20160219_175603-1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,020